FPA's Ethics Offerings Help You Obtain Quality Continuing Education Credits
- CPD Quiz. // Money Management;2/2/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p22
A Financial Planning Association pre-accredited continuing professional development (CPD) quiz for financial planners regarding non-concessional contribution cap and retirement saving is presented.
- First FPA advisers graduate from 'Life Risk Specialist' program. Egan, Liam // Money Management;7/16/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p9
The article focuses on the Life Risk Specialist education program offered by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) in Australia. The program is expected to close the hole left by the Life Underwriters program ended in 1995. Meanwhile, FPA deputy chief and head of professionalism Deen Sanders...
- FPA calls for education overhaul to combat crisis of faith. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;11/26/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p4
The article reports on the call of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to overhaul the education standards and practices to restore consumer faith in the advice industry in Australia. It highlights the consultation paper released by the FPA which contains several changes to the education...
- SELLING CONFIDENCE IN ADVISERS. Constantinidis, Amelia // Money Management;9/25/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p22
The author talks about the drive to improve and lift standards of professionalism in the Australian financial planning industry as of September 2014. Topics include the need to increase confidence in the industry to grow the financial planning profession, the value of a focus on higher learning...
- Conditions right for planners to sell. SPITS, JASON // Money Management;9/25/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p6
The article focuses on John Birt, principal at financial planning broker firm Radar Results, who talks about the spotlight given on financial planners by recent media coverage and parliamentary inquiries in Australia as of September 2014 and the calls for higher education standards for planners.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE. Salmen, Richard // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov/Dec2009 Practice Management Sol, p4
The article recounts the development at the Financial Planning Association (FPA) for the whole year of 2008 to look forward for FPA's future. It notes the milestones accomplished within the FPA in 2008 including the launched diversity scholarship program for financial planning profession, and...
- Planner education needs consensus. Tsanadis, Andrew // Money Management;12/8/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p1
The article reports on the requirement by Financial Planning Association (FPA) that all new financial advisers in Australia should have an approved degree starting July 1, 2013 for them to be considered associate financial planners.
- Advisers are standard bearers. Watt, Gregor // Money Marketing;3/20/2014, p46
The article focuses on the increase in professional standards for financial advisers in Great Britain. Topics discussed include the impact of the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) on the industry, the basic requirements for advisers to remain in business and the chartered accreditation gained by...
- Continuing Education: 1 hour Retirement Planning. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2014, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p66
The article presents a quiz that members of the Financial Planning Association can take for one hour of continuing-education credit.