Succession Planning: Thoughts on Creating, Protecting and Realizing Business Value with Your Practice
- Regional planners speak up. Esler, Matthew // Money Management;10/8/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p16
The article explores the main issues meet by the regional financial planners in Australia. It notes that these issues include the inability of the financial planners to become specialists, inaccessibility of training and development opportunities due to distance, and the difficulty in...
- How to plan your business exit strategy. Hagues, Stephen // Money Marketing (Online Edition);2/4/2016, p1
The article offers suggestions for a business owner to exit a business in the financial advice industry. Topics discussed include efficiency of the firm's processes in determining its value, presenting detail analysis of business and focus on potential sale of business as buyers will invest for...
- Preparing for the eventual and inevitable end of your business. LaManna, Rock // Label & Narrow Web;Sep2015, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p44
The article focuses on the importance of preparing a business for selling and planning for retirement. Topics discussed include getting audited financial records from the previous several years for instilling confidence in buyers; protecting intellectual property; accurate valuation of the...
- Financial planning job growth stagnant, says eJobs. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;5/12/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p12
The article reports on the stagnant growth of financial planning jobs in Australia.
- Know Yourself: One Planner's Perspective on Merging Career Paths and Succession Plans. Orrel, Melissa L. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2007 Supplement, Vol. 20, p20
The article discusses succession planning in the financial planning industry. The author notes that the question facing veteran planners surrounds the passing on of a legacy, and receiving fair compensation for what they have built. Also noted is a movement in the field involving firms beginning...
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE. Kurtz, Martin // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar/Apr2011 Practice Management, p5
The article discusses the importance for senior financial planners to consider employing younger financial planners in their companies in the U.S. The author says that senior financial planners regarded younger financial planners as their replacements. He believes that having a partner who is...
- Financial Professionals Need To Act On Their Own Succession Plans. Smiley, Stanley R. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/10/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p11
Focuses on the need for financial planning professionals to develop their own business succession strategies. Different models used in determining the value of existing practice; Importance of a preliminary analysis in identifying the most likely buyer; Considerations in structuring a sales...
- Adviser employment demand improving. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;2/11/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p8
The article presents research findings by eJobs Recruitment Specialists on the growing employment demand for financial planners in Australia, while paraplanners were struggling to have their roles in the industry.
- Career paths still beckon planners. Stewart, Tim // Money Management;3/8/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that there is less demand for new financial planners in the majority of planning practices, although some opportunities may still be offered for the new graduates