Three Former FPA Presidents Share Their Reactions to the B/D Ruling
- apesb standard hits the mark. Brown, Robert M. C. // Charter;Jul2011, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p40
In this article the author discusses the proposed Future of Financial Advice legislation (FOFA) in Australia. He addresses the bad reputation of some financial planners that is not good for younger ones. He emphasizes that the proposed standard will deliver comprehensive consumer-friendly reform...
- Growing on merit - not by compulsion. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;5/2/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p2
The author reflects on the Australian government's Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) legislation and the impact of its ratification on financial planners in 2013.
- An untidy legislative legacy. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;4/25/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p2
The article presents the author's insights regarding the impact of unfinished legislations on the financial planning industry, such as the Tax Agent Services Act (TASA), Future of Financial Advice (FOFA), and the Stronger Super initiatives in Australia.
- Amendments to FOFA's opt-in requirements will benefit consumers and industry. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;Jun2012, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p29
The article announces the approval of the amendments to the Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) reforms aimed at raising standards across the financial planning profession in Australia which will take effect in July 2013.
- What is a planning practice worth? Taylor, Mike // Money Management;6/10/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p12
The article discusses the possible effects of the Australian federal government's removal of commissions paid to financial advisers on the country's financial planning industry.
- Be careful what you wish for. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;10/6/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p12
The article presents the author's insights on the advantages of superannuation funds related to the financial planning industry in Australia. The author is critical on the efforts of Federal Labor Government to impose new legislation on the industry. He mentions that the government's Future of...
- Investors should be aware of SEC's latest court fight. Coan, Paul E. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/30/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p32A
The article analyzes the implications of a court challenge by the Financial Planners Association against the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in connection with its policy of allowing stockbrokers to offer investment-related advice. The SEC regulates brokerage firms under a...
- FPA looking at tax agent concerns. Munro, Caroline // Money Management;3/11/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that the Financial Planning Association (FPA) has addressed the concerns of tax agents on the impact of the Tax Agents Services Act 2009 on the licensing requirements of financial planners in Australia.
- Planning groups dig in against opt-in. // Money Management;9/8/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p6
The article reports on the rage of the Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) and the Financial Planning Association (FPA) against the opt-in found in the draft Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) legislation in Australia.