Learning style preferences of undergraduate nursing students
- Student assessment using poster presentations. Summers, Kathryn // Paediatric Nursing;Oct2005, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p24
Examines the pros and cons of using poster presentations as part of the assessment strategy for pre-registration children's nursing students in Great Britain. Changes in nursing student assessment; Advantages of the poster method of assessment; Issues that educators should consider when using...
- vantage point. Kay, Jenny // Nursing Management - UK;Dec2004, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p8
Comments on the diversity of nursing students in Great Britain as of December 2004. Average age of nursing students; Characteristics of nursing students with previous careers; Benefits of jointly funded lecturer practitioner posts and link lecturer arrangements for students.
- Journey's end. Turner, Tim // Nursing Standard;9/21/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on the university life of nursing students in Great Britain. Learning experiences of student in the clinical area; Lessons learned from peers and teachers; Role of nursing education in the development of a nurse's skill.
- AFTER WORDS. O'Connor, nat // Nursing Standard;5/25/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p72
Relates how the author helped a nursing student control his fear of injections. Nursing student's response to practice injections; Practice of intramuscular injections on oranges.
- ONE IN TEN STUDENT PLACES AXED. // Nursing Standard;5/10/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p7
The article reports that a survey of all 28 strategic health authorities has shown that the number of places on nursing courses is being reduced by 10 percent on average across England, and by up to 40 percent in some areas. RCN policy adviser Jane Naish criticized the reduction in nursing...
- LEARNING CURVE. Birkinshaw, Ian // Nursing Standard;11/9/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p72
Presents views and insights of nursing student Ian Birkinshaw on being a student representative in Great Britain. Thoughts of Birkinshaw on nursing training; Thoughts on the responsibilities of a student representative.
- INTERACTIONAL JUSTICE IN STUDENT-STAFF NURSE ENCOUNTERS. Arries, Ebin J. // Nursing Ethics;Mar2009, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p147
The focus of this article is on nursing students' perceptions of interactional justice during student-staff nurse encounters. A descriptive survey using a combined questionnaire on interactional justice was used to collect the data. Reliability analysis for the theoretical dimensions of...
- Added value? Hart, Ian // Nursing Standard;7/20/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p96
Evaluates the possibility of a mandatory preceptorhip for all nursing students in Great Britain. Qualifications set for qualified nurses; Questions about the need for four years to produce the skills, knowledge and attitude required for the nursing profession and the safety of patients.
- Welcome to nursing. Gray, Jean // Nursing Standard;9/27/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p1
The author reflects on the job security among nursing students. The author has stressed that several media reports have highlighted the fact that the newly qualified nurses were finding it hard to get jobs. She has also stated that many of those who decide to make the switch to nursing give up...