THOUGHTS ON THE BUSINESS OF LIFE
- editor's Note. Duley, Melissa // Louisville Magazine;Spring/Summer 2011 Bride Supplement, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the fashion statement of Queen Marie Antoinette, one on the bridal decoration concept by Stephanie Lindsay, and one on the resource guide related to weddings.
- A Queen's Tomb in France. FARRELL, JOSEPHINE // America;1/12/1924, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p300
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of attending the commemoration of Marie Antoinette's death, visiting her tomb in Paris, France on October 16, 1924 .
- Red Alert. // Time;Apr2009 Style & Desi, p26
The article discusses red lipstick and its use over the years as a definition of glamour in society. The article presents a timeline indexed by designers, royalty such as Queen Elizabeth I and Marie Antoinette, cultural notables such as geishas and flappers, movie stars, and other celebrities...
- The hamlet of Marie Antoinette. Peppiatt, Michael; De Virieu, Claire // Architectural Digest;Oct98, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p226
Features the Hamlet at Versailles, designed by court architect Richard Mique for Marie Antoinette in 1783. The Hamlet as an alternative environment whose guiding principle was make-believe; The artifice that created its rusticity; Design of the gardens; The luxury of the queen's cottage; Her...
- passions. // BOYZ;7/1/2010, Issue 983, p94
The article shares the views of the author on how she fell in love with the much maligned French Queen Marie Antoinette and the many ways in which she thinks they are tow peas in a pod.
- GRAND ASPIRATIONS, SIMPLE TOUCHES. // Cottages & Bungalows;Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p85
Several photographs of house decorations inspired from Marie Antoinette's Queen's hamlet, a residence including Marie Antoinette's china tureen, door knobs and pillows.
- Let Them Eat Cake! Long, Ramona DeFelice; Leetaru, Lars // Cricket;Feb2004, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p35
Presents a biographical sketch of Marie Antoinette, queen of France, by Ramona DeFelice Long.
- the height of fashion. Weber, Caroline // Vogue;Sep2006, Vol. 196 Issue 9, p647
The article profiles Marie Antoinette, the former queen of France. Marie Antoinette was admired for her fashion style and her grand hairstyle, which was made by hairstylist Rose Bertin. One of Marie Antoinette's favorite poufs featured a giant ruby. The queen was celebrated for her newfound role...
- teen queen: The style of Marie Antoinette. // Vogue;Sep2006, Vol. 196 Issue 9, p650
Several photographs depicting the fashion style of Marie Antoinette, former queen of France.