A New Calling
- Retirement Road Leads to Afghanistan. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;4/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p38
Features Roshan CEO Karim Khoja and the company's operations in the wireless industry in Afghanistan. Career background of Khoja in the wireless communications industry; Challenges facing Khoja as CEO; Annual security spending of the company.
- Afghanistan Gains Network Operations Center. // Signal;Feb2014, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p10
The article reports that Afghanistan has acquired a network operations center (NOC) that can monitor the country's nationwide network in real time, according to communications provider Telecom Development Co. Afghanistan Corp. (Roshan) as of February 2014.
- AFGHAN TELECOM/ROSHAN SIGN PACT TO USE NATIONAL NETWORK. // Worldwide Telecom;Aug2009, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on the agreement between Afghan Telecom (AT) and Roshan to sell the transmission capacity of its National Optical Fiber Cable (OFC) Backbone Ring Network. AT is the first long distance domestic private leased circuit and international private leased circuit provider in...
- Social working. Groenewald, Anneli // Total Telecom Magazine;Oct2008, p29
The article offers information on Roshan, Afghanistan's leading mobile operator. Roshan currently has 987 employees, of which 20% are women. The company would visit families in their houses and explain the work and benefits to women, such as further education and earning an income. Karim Khoja,...
- Verizon launches in Georgia, Alabama. // RCR Wireless News;3/31/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p22
Announces the launching by Verizon Wireless of its branded service in Georgia and Alabama.
- Verizon expands Express Network. // RCR Wireless News;8/12/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p5
Reports on the expansion of Verizon Wireless' coverage of Express Network data service into several counties surrounding the greater San Francisco Bay Area in California.
- Re-auction refunds could drive mergers. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the possible effects of the re-auction refunds that will be received by wireless companies. Wireless companies to benefit from the refunds; Speculation on the mergers and acquisitions in the industry; Target market of Verizon Wireless.
- Verizon offers new calling plans. // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the calling plans offered by Verizon Wireless. Aim of the company for offering calling plans; Details of the service plans.
- Verizon expands S.D. coverage. // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the digital wireless service launched by Verizon Wireless in the Rapid City, South Dakota. Area covered by the service.