As the World Turns
- "Diamonds and Rust" on Russia's Road to Privatization: The Profits and Pitfalls for Western Managers. McCarthy, Daniel J.; Puffer, Sheila M. // Columbia Journal of World Business;Fall95, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p56
McCarthy and Puffer focus on large, state-owned Russian enterprises, and explore what changes have occurred in them during the recent privatization process. They compare the conditions facing Russian managers in these firms at the beginning of 1995 with the situations reported by managers of...
- HIGHER ECONOMIC FREEDOMS TOOL FOR REMOVING BUSINESS BARRIERS IN MONTENEGRO. // Montenegro Household Survey;Nov2005, Issue 12, p6
Presents information on the condition of the economic freedom and planned economic policies in Montenegro for removing business barriers. Overview of the undertaken economic reforms in the country; Participation of the small- and medium-enterprises in the national economy; Barriers for...
- International Trade: Advisory Committee System Should Be Updated to Better Serve U.S. Policy Needs: GAO-02-876. // GAO Reports;9/24/2002, p1
In 1974, Congress mandated creation of a private sector advisory system to ensure that representatives from private business and other groups with a stake in trade policy could provide input as negotiations unfolded. The hope was that such involvement would result in trade agreements that...
- The Size of the Small-Firm Sector in Hungary. Rom�n, Zolt�n // Small Business Economics;Dec1989, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p303
Centrally planned economies usually prefer larger plants and firms to smaller ones. After the twin oil shocks of 1973 and 1980 it is widely recognized that strengthening the small-firm sector is a prerequisite to revitalize the Hungarian economy. One of the striking conclusions of this paper is...
- China Conference Calendar. // China Business Review;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p18
The article presents a calendar of events related to China's economic and business policy in September-October 2006. The Shenzhen International New Digital Time Products Fair will be held on September 7-10. The Shanghai International Franchise Show will be held on October 17-19. The Intertextile...
- % GAINERS & LOSERS. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p50
Presents charts depicting the percentage gainers and losers in the business sector in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Fewer Romanian companies suspend their activity. // Regional Today;6/3/2014, p3
The article reports on the move by 6300 Romanian companies, 784 of which came from Bucharest, to suspend their activity during the first four months of 2014, down 28.5% year-on-year, including companies from Suceava County, Buzau County and Brasov County.
- Debt restructuring wave in the region yet to peak. MARTIN, MATTHEW // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/4/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 44, p19
The article reports that restructuring specialists have said that the focus of many companies in the Middle East will change from state-owned entites to private sector firms in 2012-13.
- BUSINESS CALENDAR. // Business Journal (Central New York);7/22/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p27
Presents a calendar of events related to the business sector in New York from July 7 to August 24, 2005.