AG Edwards Poaches Adams Harkness Exec
- Q&A: Off to Asia. Louria, Avital // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/30/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 17, p12
An interview with Stephen Roach, the new chairman of the Asia operations of Morgan Stanley and Co. Inc., is presented. When asked about his new role, he says that he will take greater responsibility in giving advice to clients, investors, governments, and regulators. He emphasizes that his new...
- Moran Joins BNP Paribas. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/11/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 22, p2
The article announces career developments of people in the U.S. which include Matthew Moran as director and senior-equities sales trader at BNP Paribas, Thomas DuCharme as chief executive officer (CEO) at JPMorgan Asia Pacific and Stephen Roach as chairman at Morgan Stanley Asia.
- MOVES IN BRIEF. // FinanceAsia;Jul2010, p27
The article announces appointments of several executives including John Sturmey as co-head of global capital markets for Asia at UBS, Matthew Mrozinski as head of real estate banking for Asia at Citi, and Stephen Roach as chairman of Morgan Stanley Asia.
- Repsol Stands Against Natural Iberdrola bid. Shepherd, Nick // Utility Week;4/11/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p14
Repsol SA's annual shareholders meeting chairman Alfonso Cortina said the deal's terms, which Repsol had deemed undesirable, have not changed and that the uncertain global economic climate would make the launch of the operation risky. Cortina said Repsol will not vote for the May 2003...
- Contemporary capitalism criticized. // Canadian Dimension;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 30 Issue 4, preceeding p1
Cites Wall Street economist Stephen Roach on downsizing. Suggestions that efficiency measures such as plant closings and layoffs are highly debatable in improving the economy; Too much emphasis on slash and burn strategies rather than in new technology and worker re-training.
- HITS AND HAS-BEENS. // U.S. Banker;Jun2007, Vol. 117 Issue 6, p12
The article announces the appointments of several executives in the U.S. Vikram Pandit has been promoted as Citi's head for alternative-investment unit. Ranjana Clark has been appointed as Wachovia's head of treasury division. Stephen Roach has been named as chief economist of Morgan Stanley.
- The Evolution of Asia. // Time International (Atlantic Edition);10/12/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 14, p41
An excerpt from the book "The Next Asia," by Stephen Roach.
- The Evolution of Asia. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/12/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 14, p37
An excerpt from the book "The Next Asia," by Stephen Roach, is presented.
- White Officer Charged With Misdemeanor In Shooting Of Cincinnati Teen; Justice Department Conducts Probe. // Jet;05/28/2001, Vol. 99 Issue 24, p46
Reports on the misdemeanor charges which were filed against Stephen Roach, a police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black man in Cincinnati, Ohio.