Chasing The Crescent Moon
- Debunking the stereotype. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/30/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 17, p19
The article focuses on the common misconceptions concerning Islamic finance. One analyst claims that Western countries think that Islamic countries finance terrorism. Another misconception is that Shariah-compliant products cannot provide returns similar to those of more conventional financial...
- Courting Muslim investors. Dunkley, Clare // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/1/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 48, p12
The article reports on the effort of London, England to entice Middle East investors to the country. The presence of British Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown in a London conference indicates the sudden interest of the British government in the Islamic financial sector. Two reasons stand...
- 'Spread' Key to CFC's Growth. Cornwell, Ted // Mortgage Servicing News;May2004, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p27
Describes the five-year growth plan of the Countrywide Financial Corp. Growth of company's mortgage banking market share; Plans of the company to earn more spread income from loans that are held in portfolio.
- The Carbon Credit Debate. Schwartz, Stephen // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/30/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 17, p19
Information about several topics discussed at the third annual Islamic Wealth Management conference in Geneva, Switzerland is presented. At one forum, Shariah-minded financial advisers and bankers gathered to discuss how Muslims would be able to invest in certified emissions reduction (CER)...
- FSA's interest in bridging cue for industry to get its house in order. Samuels, Jonathan // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);12/4/2012, p4
The article explores the state of bridging and alternative finance in Great Britain in 2012, which according to the author still lacks a definitive index of how much it is going to grow but data showed considerable growth rate during the year.
- ISLAMIC FINANCE IN NORTH AMERICA. // Global Finance;Nov2011, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p38
The article focuses on the Islamic financial transactions in North America. Isam Shalah, a senior partner at King & Spalding, claims that New York is considering to push legislation that promotes sukuk issuance as most Islamic transactions are not widely publicized. Meawhile, Jeffrey Graham, a...
- A pathway to sound economic thinking. Johnson, Robert A. // OECD Observer;May2012, Issue 290/291, p13
The article focuses on the author's views about the problems in the financial market.
- Divided we fall. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;9/8/2011, p22
In this article the author discusses the discrepancies in the financial market which results to various opinion of experts in the financial services industry in Great Britain.
- Credit to the New Data Center. Dubie, Denise // Network World;2/20/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p46
The article focuses on the efforts of financial services giant JP Morgan in its quest for automated, and virtualized New Data Center technologies. Possessing a total assets of 1.2 trillion and operations in 50 countries, the company is engaged in multiple initiatives all working toward the...