HD Studio, Gear in the Works for TWC
- Sunny outlook. // Door County Magazine;Spring2012, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p36
The article focuses on the contribution of Terry Connely, head of the Atlanta, Georgia-based Weather Channel, on the channel's success. He says that he was hired in 1999 after he got weatherman John Coleman, who worked on the "Good Morning America," television show, to pitch the idea of a total...
- STORM FORECAST: CHILLY RECEPTION. // Ski;Jan2013, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p14
The article reports that meteorologists did not like decision of the Weather Channel in Atlanta, Georgia to name noteworthy storms to raise awareness.
- Weather Channel TL Arrives Wednesday. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;1/31/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p29
The article reports that a 1.6 billion U.S. dollar term loan for the Weather Channel will be syndicated by a bank consortium, which include Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan and Deutsche Bank.
- NEW CREW AT WEATHER. // Multichannel News;9/22/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p41
A photograph of the crew for the Weather Channel is presented.
- In Weather Channel's Busy Week, New President Comes On Board. Thomas Umstead, R. // Multichannel News;11/5/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p26
The article announces that David Clark has been appointed as president of the television station Weather Channel in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Name That Nor'easter: TWC Has a Perfect Plan. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;10/8/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p32
The article informs that the cable and satellite television network based in the U.S. The Weather Channel (TWC) plans to name threatening winter storms in the U.S.
- Weather Touts Its Hometown Advantage. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;1/12/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p12
The article focuses on the statement of American satellite television channel Weather Channel president David Clark, concerning utilization of proprietary technology to provide coverage of severe weather conditions more locally based, live storm coverage without interrupting its national feed.
- Landmark Aims to Empty Portfolio in 08. J. M. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/23/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p1
The article reports that a bidding consortium including NBC Universal is poised to win The Weather Channel after Time Warner abandoned its bid. According to sources, Time Warner decided to withdraw its bid when Landmark Communications reconsidered the deadline for the auction to shore up more...
- Mobile, HD Efforts Make For Good Upfront 'Weather' Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;3/3/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that the Weather Channel has invested $60 million in a high-definition initiative that will allow the channel to present all programming in the high-definition format by October 2008. The upgrade will increase the intensity of the viewing experience and help improve...