Cable's Triple Play Keeps Heat on DBS
- SEC Sends More Letters. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p2
Reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has sent letters of request to several cable and telecommunications companies regarding their method of counting and reporting subscriber totals. Description of the SEC request by Steve Caulk, spokesman of Echostar Communications...
- ECHO'S ERODING ORBIT. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;6/15/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 50, p7
Focuses on the impact of the competition faced by EchoStar Communications from DirecTV Inc. on the subscription of cable television in the U.S. Need for the company to spend more to attract new customers; Move of investors to trade their stocks; Cost of the company in the acquisition of a new...
- DirecTV gets March madness. // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Reports the offering of `Mega March Madness' package via pay-per-view by DirecTV Inc. in El Segundo, California.
- Sky-high subscriber gains for DirecTV in Q2. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;8/6/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 42, p21
The article reports that DirecTV Inc. has reported an addition of 100,000 subscribers in the U.S.
- Latin Beat Drives DirecTV's Results. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/9/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that subscribers of DirecTV Inc. has increased in domestic operations and performance in its Latin America operations in the first quarter of 2011.
- DirecTV Missed Q2 Sub Target. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p20
Reports the decrease of DirecTV Inc. subscriber for the second quarter of 2002 in the U.S. Effect of the issue on the management of the company; Status of company sales; Plan on the change of price.
- Direct TV bows PPV service for gay auds. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/8/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the Here! Pay Per View service of DirecTV Inc. in the U.S. Design of the service; Number of independent theatricals the service will offer; Price offerings for the theatricals.
- The Selling of Sunday Ticket. // Multichannel News;8/13/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p8
The article announces that DirectTV Inc. offers its exclusive "NFL Sunday Ticket" package featuring high-definition games, plus a "Game Mix" mosaic channel for 199.95 dollars in the U.S.
- Dish Pays for Its Big Sub Gains. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;03/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p3
Details the increased number of subscribers of EchoStar Communications Corp. in the United States. Review of the total business policy of the company; Emphasis on digital video recording; Partnerships with several digital subscriber line high-speed-data providers.