Telco Challenges Cox Reliability
- Verizon cranking up long distance push. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);
Reports on Verizon Communications' launch of a marketing campaign to promote its long distance telephone services in Long Island, New York. Call rates offered by the company; Description and concept of its advertising campaign.
- Vodafone starts 12m pound ad push... McKelvey, Charles // Marketing Week;10/19/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p9
Reports on Great Britain-based Vodafone Group PLC's launch of an advertising campaign to promote its Pay As You Talk pay telephone service. Estimated cost of the ad campaign; Launch of the campaign in various media; Theme and description of the advertising.
- BellSouth goes 'down-home' to fight AT&T. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Advertising Age;8/4/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 31, p12
Describes BellSouth Telecommunications advertising campaign that positions itself against AT&T Corp. The advertising work of Merkley Newman Harty; The effort to emphasize the local nature of the company.
- Late News. // Advertising Age;1/2/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p2
This section presents news briefs related to advertising as of January 2006. The advertising campaign of AT&T for the New Year has been launched in Times Square in New York and on television. Meanwhile, WPP Group has acquired Bridge Worldwide on December 28, 2005. Also, let it be known that...
- Sprint Dashes into New Year. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;1/5/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p4
Reports on a television advertising campaign launched by U.S. telecommunication company Sprint for an unlimited long distance offer. Features of the campaign created by McCann-Erickson; Background on the long distance service being offered by Sprint; Advertising spending of the company in the...
- Stings: Two hands not enough. // Finance Week;2/2/2004, p36
Reports that the advertising agency TBWA Hunt Lascaris has devised an advertising campaign for South African cell phone service provider MTN.
- The Mea Culpa Campaign. // Time;7/27/1970, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p77
A review is offered for two television advertisements for General Telephone Co. in Los Angeles, California.
- Cult favorite Arquette shirts up for AT&T cinema advertising. Snyder, Beth // Advertising Age;3/29/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 13, p4
This article focuses on an advertising campaign for AT&T Corp. featuring actor David Arquette that will be launched in several U.S. cinemas in March 1999. AT&T has run in-theater advertisements infrequently in the past, usually around a bigger entertainment theme. The primary target for...
- BellSouth Yellow Pages recast as virtual store. Linnett, Richard // Advertising Age;6/5/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 24, p1
This article reports that incumbent telephone company BellSouth launched a U.S. television advertising campaign for its online and offline Real Yellow Pages telephone directory. The campaign created by WayneWest represents the directory as a virtual Megastore.