FX Ready to Renew 'Riches,' 'Dirt'
- ETN's animal reality. // Daily Variety;03/22/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 17, p16
Reports on Earth Television Network's expansion of its reality television programming.
- Big Brother bosses should have turned to the web. Unerman, Sue // Media Week;1/22/2008, Issue 1146, p20
The author comments on the change in the format of Channel 4's (C4) reality television (TV) show "Big Brother." She suggests that C4 should have turned to the Internet and offered viewers the chance to run the "Big Brother" house, either through public vote on all issues or with a multitude of...
- ABC, CBS Go for Reality. Adalian, Josef // Television Week;2/2/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p3
The article reports that television networks, ABC and CBS, are each set to launch new reality shows. ABC has greenlit production on "Dating in the Dark," a relationship-based reality show in which participants go through all the usual mating rituals without ever actually setting eyes on each...
- Upfronts: Bravo, TWC Up Ante. MORABITO, ANDREA // Multichannel News;4/8/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p4
The article reports on the consideration of Bravo and The Weather Channel to invest in reality-themed programming in 2013 and 2014 as the upfront presentations of the network continued.
- New Digi-Net Adds 'Punch' To African-American Niche. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;12/3/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 46, p22
The article offers information on the plans of Punch Co. to launch television stations on December 12, 2012 in the U.S. It mentions that the Punch TV features homegrown comedies, reality shows and films, with mixed martial arts. According to Edwin V. Avent, chief executive officer (CEO), the...
- THE INSIDER. Greppi, Michele // Electronic Media;04/09/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p8
Presents news items related to electronic media in the United States as of April 9, 2001. Changes in the tasks and responsibilities of Larry King under new management of CNN; List of titles being considered for Fox Television Stations Inc.'s upcoming reality television special; Corporation for...
- When 39 weeks just aren't enough. Freeman, Nichael // Electronic Media;9/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on the programming strategy of television networks in the U.S. Addition of reality shows to boost the rating of NBC and Fox; Reason of NBC on increasing the rotation of cost-effective reality series; Opinion of television executives on the year-round programming trend.
- Courts are gaining on TV networks in the race for reality programming. Belloni, Matthew // Hollywood Reporter;10/22/2008, Vol. 407 Issue 3, p8
The author reflects on court cases involving television (TV) networks producing piracy of concept for a reality TV program. He primarily highlights legal cases contending piracy of format in reality shows, that include CBS's "Survivor" against Fox's "Boot Camp," and Tokyo Broadcasting System's...
- FAREWELL TO FANFARE. FEUER, JACK // Daily Variety;5/5/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 21, pA7
The article reports on the consequence of the strike conducted by writers to network and media agencies in the U.S. Aside from the decrease in Internet revenues, executives admitted that the usual fanfares and parties in May of the media group had been lessened by the event. The shortage of new...