History's Web Aspirations Include Online Originals
- ESPN to share equine telepic. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/13/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 9/10, p36
The article reports that ESPN cable network has chosen to broadcast "Ruffian" as its latest scripted original movie, but ABC station will get the television premiere. The show is about the celebrated 1970s race horse. ESPN will get a primetime run and make the movie available on the Internet...
- She Shtups to Conquer. Leonard, John // New York;8/23/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 29, p145
Reviews a selection of television programs. "This Girl's Life," featured in Showtime; "Showgirls," "Every Mother's Son," on Channel 13; "People Say I'm Crazy," on HBO.
- What's new in cable. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;05/28/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 23, p22
Reports updates on programming of dominant television networks for viewers in the United States. Television program premiere from A&E network; Special programs from AMC network; Original programs from Discovery network; Details on the motion pictures set by FX network.
- Big four nets seek more blockbuster movies. Stanley, T.L., // MediaWeek;06/09/97, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p4
Focuses on the agreements made by the big four television networks in the United States for broadcast rights to major blockbuster motion pictures. Comment by Preston Beckman, head of programming for NBC; Motion pictures that the networks obtained rights to; Cost of the agreement.
- SHORT TAKE. // Daily Variety;5/24/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 61, p21
Reports on the classic films airing on the summer of 2002 on the Sundance Channel.
- Indie to Air Ad-Free Movie in Prime Time. Murphy, Jeremy // MediaWeek;02/26/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the plan of the WMOR television station to broadcast the motion picture `Dead Calm' without commercials in Tampa, Florida, on February 28, 2001. Reason for the plan; Television stations that made similar moves in the past; Views of WMOR competitors on the plan.
- Monday aids CBS, Fox in rates. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;11/21/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 58, p14
Reports the domination of CBS Broadcasting Corp. and Fox Television Stations Inc. in November 2001 in the United States. Broadcasting of 'Star Wars: Episode 1--The Phantom Menace,' in National Broadcasting Co. Inc.; Evaluation of comedy programs at CBS; Statistics on total viewers of each station.
- Euro film web to bow. // Daily Variety;9/13/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the launching of a film network dedicated to European films in Latin America by Argentina-based pay television programmer and distributor Pramer.
- TF1 granted 'Titanic' OK. James, Alison // Daily Variety;11/20/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 57, p6
Reports the approval for the television showing of the motion picture 'Titanic' over TF1 by the Conseil d'Etat in France.