Black Family Irons Out Details of Move to Web
- BLACK NETWORK SHIFTS GEARS. Isom, Wendy // Black Enterprise;Nov2007, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p34
The article deals with the entry of Black Family Channel in the broadband sector after shutting down its television platform in May 2007. The network's broadband launch is expected to boost the channel's bottom line and provide opportunities for young African American actors and filmmakers. The...
- Black Family And Gospel Music Channels Merge. Waldron, Clarence // Jet;5/21/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 20, p10
This article discusses the newly formed partnership between the Black Family Channel and the Gospel Music Channel. Willie Gray, the chairman of the Black Family Channel, refuted claims that this meant the channel was closing down. Gray insists that this partnership will be a win-win for all the...
- Record Labels Look to Niche Channels. Kridel, Tim // Multichannel News;3/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p20
The article discusses that niche music networks have played a significant role in the exposure of record labels. Some of the companies offering such move are BlueHighways TV and Gospel Music Channel, which brought visibility to genres that get little airplay. For instance are, Gospel Music...
- FEEDING THE FOLKS IN JOPLIN. // Multichannel News;7/18/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p6
The article reports on the outreach event for the Joplin, Missouri tornado victims at the Salvation Army warehouse on July 8, 2011, which was sponsored by the Gospel Music Channel (GMC) in partnership with Feed the Children Inc. and the Salvation Army.
- GMC TV Network Seeks Screenwriters for Competition & $5000 Prize! // Tennessee Tribune;2/2/2012, p7A
The article offers information on the organization of the second annual Gospel Music Channel (GMC) Faith and Family Screenplay Competition by the television network Gospel Music Channel (GMC) Television (TV) in collaboration with the American Black Film Festival in Tennessee in February 2012.
- Gospel Ads Get Cheeky. // Multichannel News;3/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p41
The article focuses on the Gospel Music Channel that releases a trade campaign in the U.S. The promotional campaign coincides with the release of the annual Beta Research Cable Operator Study which revealed that the Gospel channel is the leader in the mid-sized network among cable operators....
- New 'Normal' at GMC. Marechal, A. J. // Daily Variety;1/25/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 14, p6
The article reports that Gospel Music Channel (GMC) has added the film "Finding Normal" to its television program lists in 2013.
- GENIA EDELMAN. // Multichannel News;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, special section p22
The article profiles Genia Edelman, senior vice president of national distribution at Gospel Music Channel. Edelman oversees the company's distribution domestically and internationally, across all platforms. The article highlights the contributions made by Edelman to the growth of Gospel Music...
- Ambassadors of Harmony to perform tonight on televised singing contest. // Wentzville Journal;8/3/2011, Vol. 49 Issue 62, pA4
The article reports that St. Louis, Missouri chorus Ambassadors of Harmony will be competing on the Gospel Music Channel's "American Sings!" vocal contest.