SNATCHING DIGITAL DNA
- Weather Links to Cable-Modem Promo. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p128
Reports on the inclusion of Go2Broadband links to the cable-industry site of Weather Channel in the U.S. Advantages of incorporating the link to the web site of the company; Aim to assemble a master database of available cable-modem services; Enhancement to the services of Weather Channel.
- Martin's 70/70 Plan 'Untenable' // Multichannel News;11/19/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p39
An excerpt from a research note about the 70/70 rule of the Cable Communication Act of 1984, published by Craig Moffett, is presented.
- Viewers Now Programmers. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;11/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p1
This article focuses on the user-generated content offered by cable networks on their broadband sites. Television executives are starting to cede some control of their programming to consumers. Cable programmers Lifetime and Comedy Central, for example, will offer user-generated content on their...
- History Powers Up Its Web Site. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p7
The article reports on the enhancement of the Web site of History Channel in April 2006. The site will be loaded with video clips, speeches, timelines, games and podcasts. Moreover, History.com will also develop broadband channels based around historical topics. Among the films that will be...
- Online Inspiration:. // CableFAX Daily;5/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 85, p2
Reports that Inspiration Nets has launched inspiration.net, billed as the source for online Christian content. Features of the site; Remarks from Inspiration Jets COO Bill Airy.
- Broadband Sites Offering Range of Experiences. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;4/24/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p18
This article offers information on several broadband sites that were launched in the U.S. as of April 2006. The site of Soapnetic features behind-the-scenes interviews with actors from all nine daytime soaps, broadband versions of SoapNet shows and full episodes of I Wanna Be a Soapstar,...
- Web site created for access issue. Halonen, Doug; Hatch, David // Electronic Media;04/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p58
Reports on the creation of a Web site called www.nogatekeepers.org aimed at lobbying legislators to require cable operators to give competitors fair access to the broadband networks used to offer Internet services.
- VOYTV.COM LAUNCHES. Flores, Angelique // Home Media Retailing;12/17/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 51, p22
The article reports on the launch of the Web site of cable channel Voy with videos available for streaming. The number of videos included in the Web site is mentioned. CEO Fernando Espuelas comments on the decision of the firm to enter into the broadband market. Shows offered by Voy include talk...
- Online:. // CableFAX Daily;6/21/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 120, p1
Presents news briefs on the telecommunications industry in the U.S. as of June 2006. Revenue earned by Disney Channel's from its online broadband player; Launch of the broadband channel, The Player at olntv.com by Outdoor Life Network; Decision of Netster.com to embed The Weather Channel...