Cyberspace to outer space, Coning for all
- Internet Man, Renaissance Woman: An Interview with Vinton and Sigrid Cerf. Chertok, Barbara Liss // Hearing Loss Magazine;May/Jun2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p10
An interview with physician Vinton G. Cerf, vice president and chief Internet evangelist for Google Inc., is presented. He considers the increasing number of Internet users as part of the rationale of being a chief Internet evangelist. He believes that Google's search engine has provided...
- Cerf: Net shortage looms. Trager, Louis // Inter@ctive Week;02/09/98, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p7
Reports that Vinton Cerf, the Internet pioneer, is preventing an imminent onslaught of wired appliances from swamping the Net, while trying to kick-start the stalled Internet Protocol version 6 specification. What the industry is allowing router vendors to do; Comments from Cerf.
- Notable quote. Cerf, Vinton G. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p20
Presents a quote by Vinton G. Cerf on effect of Internet on society.
- Net-cerfing. Karpinski, Richard // Telephony;1/31/94, Vol. 226 Issue 5, p48
Reports on transmission control protocol/Internet protocol (TCP/IP) co-creator and Internet key designer Vinton Cerf's description of the Internet as an incubator for ideas and concepts. Emergence of electronic publishing as an Internet application; Problems with dealing with copyrights and...
- Vint Cerf. Fussman, Cal // Esquire;May2008, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p118
The article presents an interview with Vint Cerf, the man who created the Internet. Interview topics include the concept of surfing the web, when he first joined Google, his thoughts on how the Internet has transitioned since its inception, the positives of instant messaging, his favorite book,...
- Internet Guru Google Evangelist Vint Cerf. Karlgaard, Rich // Forbes Asia;Jun2011, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p31
An interview with Vint Cerf, chief Internet evangelist at Google Inc. is presented. When asked about his contribution in the development of Internet, he replied that he was involved in the third phase of the process working on the TCP/IP protocol. He stated that proprietary network owners were...
- Vint Cerf appears on the Web. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jun95, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p16
Reports that Vinton Cerf is directing MCI's Internet Initiative on the World-Wide Web computer network. Features of the Internet site; Electronic shopping venue; Initial participant in the marketplace; Contact information.
- QE Prize for Net inventors. // Electronics Weekly;3/27/2013, Issue 2542, p10
The article reports that the first Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering has been awarded to five engineers including Robert Kahn, Vinton Cerf and Louis Pouzin, who contributed in the creation of World Wide Web.
- MASTERS OF PROTOCOL. Blackie, Tony // BRW;2/22/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p70
The article reports on the initiatives of Dr. Paul Twomey, president of the Internet Corp. for Assigned Names and Numbers and his chairman Vint Cerf, the co-founder of the internet in helping shape the Internet industry in Australia. Twomey has contributed to issues on internet's management and...