Fat chance of success
- LETTERS. Krasner, Sharon; Comerford, Brien; Collins, Lynwood G.; Davison, Nancy; Occhuizzo, John; McFarland, Warren; Weiss, Wayne; Holcomb, Jack // Smithsonian;Jan2006, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p10
Several letters to the editor in response to articles in the special 35th anniversary November 2005 issue of "Smithsonian" November issue are presented.
- Your Own Piece of Paradise. // Backpacker;Mar2010, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p79
The article presents a contest for readers to win a one-of-a-kind 10-day adventure in Alaska.
- Test Your Survival Literacy. DORN, JONATHAN // Backpacker;Oct2011, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p7
A quiz regarding human adventures is presented.
- Ranger Rick's ADVENTURES. Prescott, Lyle; Gilbert, Roby; Schmidt, Laura // Ranger Rick;Feb2005, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the adventures of the magazine "Ranger Rick."
- Introduction. // British Columbia (Adventure Guide);2004, p1
Presents an introduction to various topics published in the January 1, 2004 issue of the British Columbia (Adventure Guide).
- How Wild Started. Walters, Brian // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Apr-Jun2001, Issue 80, p36
Recalls the establishment of 'Wild' magazine by a group of mountaineers or adventurers in 1981. Key to the formation of the magazine; Extent of the promotion made for its first issue.
- Everything Cosmo. // Cosmopolitan;Oct2006, Vol. 241 Issue 4, p18
The article presents information on the periodical's latest offers for people to participate and win prizes. Couples who have had an interesting adventure can write about it and win a trip to Paris. The last date for entry is October 2, 2006. To take part in hilarious games, one can tune on to...
- Great Adventures! Webber, Diane // Scholastic Scope (Teacher's Edition);1/24/2003, Vol. 51 Issue 11, pT-1
Reports on articles published in the January 24, 2003 issue of the teenager magazine 'Scholastic Scope' that focuses on adventure writings. Skills that students can learn from the issue; Publication of an excerpt from the novel 'The Call of the Wind,' in the issue; Examples of adventure writings.
- Is This What Accountants Do When They Retire? // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Dec2006, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p24
The article focuses on the abilities of retired accountants as they look for adventure after retirement in Dallas, Texas. One retired accountant who joined the Jalapeno-Eating World Championship at the State Fair has become a championship eater by swallowing 247 jalapeno peppers in eight...