20 YEARS AGO
- The pressure's on as the market slows. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/18/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 71, p32
The article reports a decline in shipping markets across Europe in June 2007. Early June saw a number of requests to move urea ammonia nitrate (UAN) solution from Baltic ports to various locations, including Ghent, Belgium and Rouen, France. At the end of May, there was a slight pick up in the...
- SHIPPING'S MEGA WAVE. Ferrulli, Gary // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);12/12/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p42
The article discusses the dilemma of the shipping industry in remaining profitable. It states that the shipping industry is facing a decline in frequency, direct services and transit times, and an increase in transshipments. The author shares that carriers are resolved to use larger vessels to...
- Asian C2 goes to NWE. // Asian Chemical News;9/29/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 418, p26
Presents updates on chemical shipments in Asia as of September 2003. Freight rates for ethylene cargoes in the Asia-Europe route; Reason for the increase in freight rates for mixed xylene cargoes in the U.S. to Asia route; Explanation for the lack of spot shipping deals for propylene.
- Untitled. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;11/19/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 19, p1
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. Chemical shipping in the Black Sea region faced delays after violent storms sank four vessels, causing a major environmental disaster on the Russian coast. Algeria's Enterprise Nationale d'Industrie Petrochimique will fail to...
- How to Ship Oversized Oddly Shaped Items. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;9/15/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 32, p35
The article offers tips on how to ship oversized or unusually shaped items.
- FTR Shippers Conditions Index drops. // Fleet Owner Blog;4/10/2014, p6
The article presents the Shippers Condition Index (SCI) which indicated a tightening capacity.
- Antiques. Garrett, Wendell // Magazine Antiques;Jul99, Vol. 156 Issue 1, p70
Relates about the development of seaborne trade which started in New England. Import and export trade; Transatlantic packet service; Maritime power; Shipboard life.
- Ho, ho, ho! Local shippers bring home the goods for the holidays. Del Valle, Luis A. // Caribbean Business;11/14/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 45, pS3
Discusses the potential growth in the shipping industry in Puerto Rico during the holidays. Increase in consumer demand for holiday goods; Plans by shippers to cope with the projected rise in business; Surge in hiring of container ships to transport all kinds of goods.
- Cosco Americas Inc., www.cosco-usa.com. Liyong, Zhang; Zhang Liyong // JoC Week;1/7/2002 Annual Review, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p54
Discusses the challenge of attaining stability faced by the ocean shipping industry in 2002. Need for both shippers and carriers to strive for stability in order to meet the challenges of the growing global market; Responsibility of heads of ocean carrier companies to set guidelines that demand...