ASIAN PRICES WOBBLE WITH INTEREST THIN
- Buyers prepare for April hikes. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/2/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 60, p36
This article comments on the market trends in petrochemicals. Linear low density polyethylene availability has been tight because of production problems and less material coming in from the Middle East. Low density polyethylene demand has been strong, with low industry stocks. Polypropylene...
- Which way for petchems? // Asian Chemical News;6/13/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 493, p4
Discusses issues on pricing in the Asian petrochemicals industry as of June 2005. Recovery in the pricing of some petrochemicals; Expectation of buyers on polypropylene and polyethylene pricing in July 2005; Prospects for China and Japan.
- Lean inventories limit crude-led destocking in US and Europe. BOSWELL, CLAY // Chemical Week;10/20/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 26, p29
The article reports on the decline in the crude oil price between June and October 2014. Topics discussed include the factors that contributed to the decline in crude oil prices, tightened supply of polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) in North America due to widespread outages combined with...
- PET producers seeking price increase. // Plastics News;2/22/1999, Vol. 10 Issue 54, p3
Highlights the decision of major polyethylene terephthalate (PET) makers to increase price by April 1, 1999. Attempt to reverse seasonal price swings; Market's overcapacity.
- Japanese players seek polymer price hikes. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;6/14/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 449, p24
Focuses on the efforts of Japanese petrochemical companies to raise prices for their polymers. Reason for the move of petrochemical companies in the country to increase their prices for polymers; Efforts of polypropylene, polyethylene and polystyrene producers to increase their prices; Forecast...
- China's June lldPE/ldPE imports up 46%. // Asian Chemical News;8/11/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 412, p9
Reports on the increase of lldPE/ldPE imports in China in June 2003. Factors that contributed to increase of chemical imports; Comparison of exports in June and May 2003; Prices for polypropylene in July 2003.
- China polyolef ins prices surge. RICHARDSON, JOHN; Ling, Ong Sheau; Lee, Helen; Zhang, Becky; Suratman, Nurluqman // ICIS Chemical Business;1/21/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the price increases of polyethylene and polypropylene in China. According to a Singaporean trader, he expected that there would be a mini-rebound in pricing in early November 2012 in which prices have retreated before a stronger rally began on late November. It mentions...
- Glad to see the back of him. Richardson, John // Asian Chemical News;12/23/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 384, p12
Looks at the prospects for the petrochemical business for 2003. Global polyethylene (PE) capacity development; Reasons for poor PE and polypropylene demand growth during the first half of 2002; Impact of the economic condition on the industry.
- Bahrain to unveil petchem jv plan. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;2/28/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2136, p31
Reports on plans by Bahrain to develop a petrochemicals complex with naphtha cracker and downstream polyethylene and polypropylene units as of February 28, 2005. Cost of the complex; Companies to develop the complex; Other petrochemicals complex unveiled by Bahrain in 2004.