- Basell to acquire Huntsman. Lerner, Ivan // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;7/2/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 1, p25
The article reports on the plan of chemical company Basell to acquire Huntsman. Report says that the move will broaden Basell's activities beyond its base in polyolefins to include Huntsman's more differentiated portfolio, which ranges from performance products to pigments. In addition to the...
- Basell Debottlenecks PB-1 Unit in the Netherlands. // Chemical Week;10/31/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 35, p16
The article reports on the plan of Basell to debottleneck its polybutene-1 (PB-1) plant at Moerdijk, the Netherlands, increasing capacity from 45,000 metric tons per year, to 67,000 metric tons per year. The project is due for completion in 2008. The Moerdijk plant uses Basell technology. Basell...
- Need prompts PP restart. Jagger, Anna // ICIS Chemical Business;4/30/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 64, p25
The article reports that chemicals company Basell plans to restart its idled polypropylene (PP) plant in Bayport, Texas, in response to rising demand. The start-up of the 220,000 tonne/year Spheripol plant is scheduled for the second quarter of 2008. Basell closed the facility in 2001 as part of...
- Company News. // Chemical Market Reporter;05/17/99, Vol. 255 Issue 20, p3
Presents news on the chemicals industry in the United States. Acquisition of Albright & Wilson PLC by Rhodia; Sale of the common stocks of Lyondell Chemical Co.; Expamsion of facilities of Dow Chemical Co.; Acquisition of Spurlock Industries by Borden Chemical Inc.; Closure of the Ashland...
- Rhodia to Close Fine Chemicals Plant in France. // Chemical Week;4/4/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 12, p5
The article focuses on the plan of Rhodia Co. to close its fine chemicals complex at Mulhouse Dornach, France at the end of 2007. The fine chemicals plant employs 135. The company says it has presented its plans to worker representatives. The company cites a decline in business as the primary...
- Rhodia to shut down HF unit. // European Chemical News;7/19/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2109, p8
Reports on the plan of Rhodia to close its anhydrous hydrofluoric acid manufacturing operation in Avonmouth, England. Number of employees that will loose their jobs because of the shut down; Reasons for the move of the company.
- RHODIA TO CLOSE ACETATE FILTER TOW PLANT IN VENEZUELA. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;5/31/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 13, p15
The article reports that Rhodia will be shutting down its acetate filter tow manufacturing facility in Valencia, Venezuela, by the end of 2010.
- Rhodia Closes Plants in U.K., U.S. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/17/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the plan of the Rhodia company to close its ammonium phosphate plants in Widness, Great Britain and Chicago Heights, Chicago. Combined capacity of both plants; Reason for the company's decision; Background of the company.
- Rhodia Advances Plant Shutdown. Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;5/16/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 20, p24
Announces the decision of Rhodia to close its phosphate salts plant in Buckingham. Significance of the shut down; Other plants closed by Rhodia.