DELAYS TO CRACKER CAPACITY INCREASES IN THE MIDDLE EAST ARE A MYTH, SO BEWARE!
- Capacity Outages Drive Ethylene Prices Higher. Bewley, Lindsey // Chemical Week;3/8/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 6, p27
The article analyzes the increasing prices of ethylene as of March 2010. The 10 cts/lb increase in the prices of spot material is attributed to the firm demand and tight supply caused by capacity outages. With 13% of U.S. ethylene production capacity offline since the beginning of the month,...
- Ethylene Production Rises Slightly in January. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/25/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the increase in ethylene production in January 2002, according to the Petral Worldwide Inc.. Production of liquid propane gas; Decline in ethane cracking rates; Production of ethane cracker.
- Production up for petchems. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;2/21/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2135, p10
Reports on the increase in petrochemical production in the U.S. Reason behind the increase in the production of ethylene and propylene; Factors that will affect the country's petrochemical exports; Forecast on the profitability of petroleum chemical industry.
- Petrochemicals Business Environment. // USA Petrochemicals Report;Q4 2010, p48
The article reports on the rating of the U.S. petrochemical market in the Business Monitor International (BMI) Americas Regional Petrochemicals Rankings. The country, with its 89.5 points score, is leading the ranking which rates countries on the basis of future growth, current capacities, size...
- Global Overview. // USA Petrochemicals Report;Q2 2010, p9
The article offers an overview of the global petrochemicals market. The global ethylene capacity is expected to have reached a total of 132.7 million tonnes per annum in 2008, with 32.7% of the installed capacity coming from the Asia Pacific and 25.6% from North America, based on data from...
- Downhill from here on. Iaxell, Mark // Asian Chemical News;12/16/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 519, p14
The article analyzes the performance of petrochemical products in 2005 and offers an outlook for 2006. The global ethylene supply-demand balance is expected to be less tight in 2006 that it was in 2005. Three factors are cited that point towards lower expected profits in 2006 that were...
- WORLD PETROCHEMICAL INDUSTRY STUDY. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/18/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 10, p27
The article offers information on the annual World Petrochemical Industry Study (Olefins) Study of ICIS Consulting which offers comprehensive analysis of the global supply and demand of petrochemical products such as ethylene and propylene.
- Katrina rouses Asian olefins. Viswanathan, Prema; Tan, Steve; Yan, Helen // Asian Chemical News;9/5/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 505, p28
Reports on the impact of Hurricane Katrina on olefins market in Asia as of September 5, 2005. Counter effect of plant shutdowns and high crude; Factors that will exert an upward pressure on Asian propylene prices; Reason behind the lack of effect of plant shutdowns in the ethylene prices.
- Ethylene suppliers keeping eye on China. Hilgers, Lauren // Plastics News;10/29/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p12
The article reports that throughout the Middle East and Asia, ethylene supply is increasing and as supply increases, most companies are concentrating on China. While supply is tight now, stretched thin by China's growing demand for the material, some analysts fear that, in the end, China's...