Pressure forces Ticona to stay local
- Ticona deciding on POM plant move. Williams, Dede; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;3/12/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 57, p6
The article reports on the announcement by Ticona chief executive officer (CEO) Lyndon Cole that the engineering polymers producer could decide by the end of February 2007 on a new site for its acetal polymers plant. The plant in Kelsterbach, Germany is being moved due to a planned expansion at...
- ...as Ticona ups polymer output. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;10/20/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2073, p46
Reports on the decision of Ticona to increase production capacity for ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene at its unit in Oberhausen, Germany in 2003. Business operations of Ticona; Estimate on the global growth rate of polymer.
- Ticona to Nearly Double Celstran LFRT Production in Nanjing. // China Chemical Reporter;5/21/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p20
The article discusses the announcement made by Ticona GmbH, the engineering polymers business of Celanese Corp., on May 4, 2011 that it will nearly double production at its Celstran long fiber reinforced thermoplastic (LFRT) manufacturing unit in Nanjing, eastern China.
- Ticona Expands Compounding. // Chemical Week;8/24/2002-9/4/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 34, p39
Reports the business expansion of Ticona at its Florence, Kentucky and Shelby, North Carolina compounding plants. Background on the Florence and Shelby facility; Benefits from the business expansion.
- Ticona Picks HÃ¶chst Park at Frankfurt to Relocate Unit. // Chemical Week;8/1/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 26, p13
The article reports that Ticona has selected the HÃ¶chst Industrial Park at HÃ¶chst, Germany for the relocation of an engineering plastics manufacturing complex from Kelsterbach, Germany. Wiesbaden, Germany and HÃ¶chst were the final contenders to be selected for the relocation. Ticona...
- five minute News Watch. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/2/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 7, p2
Reports developments related on chemical industry as of September 2002. Damage of chemical plants due to floods in Central Europe; Upgrade of Ticona company of its compounding operations; Introduction of reforms for the pharmaceutical quality systems.
- Ticona agrees to relocate key plans. Williams, Dede; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;12/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 46, p11
The article reports on the agreement of Ticona to move its polyoxymethylene plant at Kelsterbach, Germany to a new German location in a preliminary compromise with Fraport, the Frankfurt airport authority. This ends a dispute over plans for a new runway that will force planes to overfly the...
- Ticona Plans Celstran Plant at Nanjing, China Complex. // Chemical Week;5/9/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 16, p16
The article reports on the plan of Ticona to build a plant to produce Celstran long-fiber reinforced thermoplastics at Celanese's complex at Nanjing, China. Ticona already produces Celstran at Winona, Minnesota and Kelsterbach, Germany. The Nanjing unit will increase the company's total Celstran...
- news In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/10/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 23, p4
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of June 10, 2002. Completion of the chemical plant of Ticona at Bishop, Texas; Settlement of the legal dispute between Cabot Corp. and Vishay Intertechnology Inc.; Collaboration between Albany Molecular Research Inc. and Genzyme Corp.