TDI goes under the microscope
- Pressure on TDI margins creates investment headache for suppliers. Raleigh, Patrick; McNulty, Mike // Urethanes Technology;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p33
Assesses the increase in the investment demands in toluene diisocyanate (TDI) as of March 2001 which poses a dilemma to suppliers. Comments from several executives in the polyurethane industry on the situation; Origin of the TDI increase; Impact on the supply of TDI in the global market.
- BASF invests in new TDI plant. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Mar2012, Issue 849, p16
The article reports on a toluene diisocyanate (TDI) plant built by BASF in Ludwigshafen, Germany to replace its ageing Schwarzheide facility.
- TDI margins to recover by Sept? Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;8/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 501, p23
Reports on the outlook for the operating margins of the Asian toluene di-isocyanate (TDI) market in September 2005. Factors that affect the industry's margins; Status of TDI prices in China; Impact of the lack of demand from the Chinese polyurethane segment in the first quarter of the year on...
- TDI players upbeat on Q4. Zu, Carol; Koh, Quintella; Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;10/3/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 509, p24
Focuses on the factors that could affect the efforts of Asian toluene diisocyanate producers to achieve price increases in October and November 2005. Limited supply combined with increasing demand; Reduced availability of deep-sea material from the U.S. and Europe; Increase in demand in China...
- Mixed settlements for Europe Sep TDI contracts. FINCH, HEIDI // ICIS Chemical Business;9/24/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 8, p20
The article discusses contract prices for European toluene diisocyanate (TDI) as of September 2012, focusing on demand in western Europe, differences in the perspectives of chemical buyers and sellers, and an anticipated price increase in October, 2012.
- INTERMEDIATES IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/9/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 4, p18
The article offers news briefs related to the recent developments in the chemical industry around the globe which include the drop in prices of European acrylonitrile (ACN), the reducing price of the Asian toluene diisocyanate (TDI) contracts, and the constant price of the U.S. mono propylene...
- Strong demand buoys TDI business. Brand, Tony // Chemical Market Reporter;11/17/97, Vol. 252 Issue 20, p4
Assesses conditions in the toluene diisocyanate market as a result of increased demand and unexpected outages at major producers in the United States. Factors eroding gains in the market; Peak period for the market; Exports to Asia; Production problems of various companies.
- Latin American TDI awaits relief. COIFMAN, RON // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 18, p19
The article considers supplies of toluene di-isocyanate in the chemical industry in Latin America.
- TDI, MDI plants for Hungary. White, Liz // Urethanes Technology;Jun/Jul2006, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p4
The article reports that chemicals group BorsodChem Rt has announced plans to build a 160-kilotonnes-per-annum capacity toluene diisocyanate plant at its site in Kazarbarcinka, Hungary by 2009. Another plan is to build a 200-ktpa methylene diphenyldiisocyanate unit by 2011. BorsodChem also plans...