Japan could boost biofuels blends limit
- FUELING INDEPENDENCE. Longton, Linda // Overdrive;May2007, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p9
The article reflects the opinion of the author on the significance of the use of biodiesel for the reduction of foreign oil dependency. The author stated that by using biofuel, a citizen can evade a bit from international energy politics. The author expressed optimism that all diesel fuels that...
- Biodiesel sells at same price as regular diesel. // Refrigerated Transporter;Oct2004, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p13
Reports that Dal Soglio Sinclair, a pump station in Utah is selling a blend of biodiesel for the same price as regular diesel fuel. Composition of the biodiesel; Usability of the biodiesel.
- Are biofuels in your future? Morgan, Maureen // Westchester County Business Journal;3/5/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p11
The article relates the author's views on the use of biodiesel fuels. According to the author, they have been told that the biodiesel is three times more efficient than corn ethanol but its betterness has not been determined. The author has stressed that the future of the biofuels industry...
- Fuel from the Midwest, Not the Mideast. Weber, Rebecca L. // NEA Today;Oct2006, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p14
This article explains that more and more school bus drivers are discovering that "biodiesel" runs any diesel engine, burns cleaner than fossil fuels, is cost effective--and smells pretty good. Last year, Darla Smith's chemistry class at Bedford North Lawrence High School in Indiana whipped up a...
- The Use Of Biodiesel. Inman, John W. // American Vegetable Grower;Oct2007, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p44
The article discusses the use of biodiesel in agricultural equipment. Because biodiesel is highly oxygenated, has higher microbial activity and has greater affinity for water, storage tanks should be treated with a water dispersant, with the addition of a biocide, the author says. It can affect...
- The Storage Effect on Fuel Properties and Emission for Variety Biodiesel Blends. Humairak, Yusof; Tamaldin, Noreffendy; Abdollah, M. F. B.; Ali, M. F.; Khalid, A. // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2015, Vol. 773-774, p455
In this paper, storage effect on biodiesel properties for high blending ratio and the emission are evaluated. The blend level of biodiesel is denoted as B, followed by the percentages of pure biodiesel. The samples used are conventional diesel (STD), B80, B90 and B100 were stored at ambient...
- Grease is the Word. Franklin, Jonathan // Latin Trade (English);Jul2002, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the use of recycled french-fry fuel from several McDonald's restaurants by a team of cars motoring around Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. Components of bio-diesel fuel; Number of hectares set aside by the Brazil Ministry of Agriculture for use in oil production for transportation.
- West Michigan: Alternative Fuel Capital? // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/24/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p4
Comments on Michigan as the alternative fuel capital of the world. Information on the fuel research of Grand Valley State University; Source of biodiesel fuel; Participants in the biodiedel fuel project.
- Planting our own oilfields. Wilks, Neil // Professional Engineering;2/26/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p41
Focuses on the prospects of biodiesel as an alternative transport fuel in Great Britain. Description of how biodiesel is produced; Reduction of carbon dioxide emissions; Production of biodiesel from used cooking oil; Business opportunity for oilseed crop farmers. INSETS: Environment department...