- Europe watch. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/2/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 13, p12
The article offers news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe. Chemical company Kemira Water has purchased Arkema's coagulant business for water treatment. Swiss agrochemical firm Syngenta acquires Germany's Fischer for $67 million. Chemical employers and workers in Eastern Germany have...
- Rhodia Sells Pulp, Paper Chems to Kemira. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/8/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 7, p2
Reports that Rhodia SA has sold its textile and paper chemicals business in Europe to Kemira Oyj. Sales generated by the unit; Global expansion strategy of Kemira.
- Kemira Buys Final Bayer Paper Chemicals Unit. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;10/4/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 33, p48
The article reports on the acquisition of the paper chemicals marketing agency business of Bayer Inc. by Kemira. Kemira Inc. has acquired Bayer's paper chemicals marketing agency business for an undisclosed sum. The acquisition of the Bayer agency business, according to Kemira, is the final step...
- Fertilizers & Agricultural Chemicals in the United Kingdom. // Fertilizers & Agricultural Chemicals Industry Profile: United Ki;January 2003, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the Fertilizers & Agricultural Chemicals industry in United Kingdom. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape;...
- Kemira expands chemicals business with Vulcan buy. // Pulp & Paper;Jul2003, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the acquisition of the pulp and paper chemicals business of Vulcan Materials Co. by global chemical producer Kemira. Details of the acquisition deal; Value of the deal information on both companies.
- news briefs. // Chemical Week;6/27/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 25, p5
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry. Reason for the 2001 second-quarter loss of Nova Chemicals; Acquisition of the Bycosin company by Octel; Plans of the Kemira company to sell a majority stake in its nitrogen fertilizer business; Lawsuit filed by fishermen in Haifa, Israel against...
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;12/6/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 45, p26
Presents news briefs on the acquisition and mergers in the chemical industry in Asia as of December 6, 2000. Agreement of Mitsubishi Chemical and Sanyo Chemical to merge their superabsorbent business into a joint venture; Increase in Kemira's stake in Kemwater Co.; Details on the feasibility...
- Industri Kapital Finalizes Plans for Nordic Chemical Merger. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;9/12/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 34, p15
Reports on the plan of Industri Kapital to buy stake in Kemira and combine Kemira with Industri Kapital's operations, Dynea and Sydvenska Kemi. Expectations on the group to be formed; Cost value of the transaction; Plan of Industri Kapital for the merged company.
- WRAP-UP. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;2/6/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 5, p17
Presents an update on business management in the global chemical industry as of February 6, 2002. Acquisition of Vinings Industries by Kemira; Allegations of Bayer AG against Chiron Corp.; Resignation of Sergey Zenkin, vice president for corporate finance of Sibur.