- Europe watch. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/2/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 13, p12
The article offers news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe. Chemical company Kemira Water has purchased Arkema's coagulant business for water treatment. Swiss agrochemical firm Syngenta acquires Germany's Fischer for $67 million. Chemical employers and workers in Eastern Germany have...
- Rhodia Sells Pulp, Paper Chems to Kemira. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/8/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 7, p2
Reports that Rhodia SA has sold its textile and paper chemicals business in Europe to Kemira Oyj. Sales generated by the unit; Global expansion strategy of Kemira.
- Kemira Buys Final Bayer Paper Chemicals Unit. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;10/4/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 33, p48
The article reports on the acquisition of the paper chemicals marketing agency business of Bayer Inc. by Kemira. Kemira Inc. has acquired Bayer's paper chemicals marketing agency business for an undisclosed sum. The acquisition of the Bayer agency business, according to Kemira, is the final step...
- Fertilizers & Agricultural Chemicals in the United Kingdom. // Fertilizers & Agricultural Chemicals Industry Profile: United Ki;January 2003, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the Fertilizers & Agricultural Chemicals industry in United Kingdom. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape;...
- Kemira expands chemicals business with Vulcan buy. // Pulp & Paper;Jul2003, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the acquisition of the pulp and paper chemicals business of Vulcan Materials Co. by global chemical producer Kemira. Details of the acquisition deal; Value of the deal information on both companies.
- news briefs. // Chemical Week;6/27/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 25, p5
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry. Reason for the 2001 second-quarter loss of Nova Chemicals; Acquisition of the Bycosin company by Octel; Plans of the Kemira company to sell a majority stake in its nitrogen fertilizer business; Lawsuit filed by fishermen in Haifa, Israel against...
- Kemira expands paper portfolio in North America. // European Chemical News;5/26/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2054, p8
Focuses on the expansion of the pulp and paper chemical business of Kemira in North America by acquiring Vulcan Materials' pulp and paper chemical business. Aim of the move; Forecast on the growth of the paper chemicals industry; Terms of the Vulcan transaction.
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;4/19/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 16, p22
Presents news briefs related to the chemical industry in Europe and Asia as of April 19, 2000. Increase in the 1999 net profits of Schweizerhall company; Approval of Kemira's board on the buyback of shares on the Helsinki Stock Exchange; Completion of Aga's acquisition of Hydrogas-Messer...
- Europe Watch. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;3/6/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p10
The article presents updates on the chemical industry in Europe as of March 2006. German Stoup Lanxess said it would complete the sale of its paper chemicals business to Finland's Kemira by April 1, 2006, after antitrust authorities approved the transaction. Romanian oil tycoon Dinu Patriciu has...