Rhine accident hampers trade
- Australian Shipping Incidents Down Between 2005 and 2010. // Australian Maritime Digest;Sep2011, Issue 205, p5
The article reports on the Australian shipping incidents of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) from 2005 to 2010. It states that marine incidents have decreased from eight each year from 2005 to 2007 and three each year from 2008 to 2010. It notes that the most marine occurrences is...
- New Orleans Opts for Growth. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;6/21/99, Vol. 258 Issue 12, p38
Reports the plan of the Port of New Orleans board of commissioners to build an intermodal complex to improve the state shipping industry. Results of the feasibility study on building the superport; Implications of the merger between Illinois Central and Canadian National for the project;...
- Cool Response to Y2K Asian Rush. // Traffic World;6/21/99, Vol. 258 Issue 12, p43
Focuses on implications of the year 2000 date conversion problem for intermodal operators shipping toward Asia. Contention of international material flow coordinator Kevin Duncan on intermodal operations; Preparation of railroads in an event of anticipated rush; Assessment of creating temporary...
- Carrier's winter of discontent. Mongelluzzo, Bill // JoC Week;12/10/2001-12/16/2001, Vol. 2 Issue 49, p19
Focuses on the present conditions and future of the container shipping industry. Downward trend of freight rates; Strategies to control costs in the trans-Pacific and Europe-Asia trade lanes; Possibility of another wave of consolidation in 2002; Few options open to ship lines with the global...
- New cargo containers weigh less, are versatile and hold more. Lockwood, Henry // Caribbean Business;7/4/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p30
Features the changes in container designs for shipping companies in Puerto Rico. Features of containers; Difference between trailers and containers; Comment by Henry Battista of Navieras NPR Inc.; Advantage of containers over trailers.
- Hamburg traffic up. Carding, Tony // Traffic World;09/08/97, Vol. 251 Issue 10, p47
Reports that Hamburg, Germany's North American containerized traffic has reached a record level of 93,600 TEUs in the first half of 1997, according to Hans Ludwig Beth, chairman of Hamburg Marketing and Public Relations. Forecast for the second half of the year; Hamburg's increased trade with...
- Sea-air opening new routes to intermodal. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;10/27/97, Vol. 252 Issue 4, p4a
Focuses on the growth potential of the global sea-air business. Growth of sea-air in the 1970s when multimodal services were slower; Ideal candidates for the sea-air option; Profitability of sea-air combinations out of north China; Justification for using sea-air; Need to provide customers with...
- Intermodal Shipping Grows Through W.Va. ROSS, JIM // State Journal (WV);11/1/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p19
The article focuses on the increase in intermodal shipping in West Virginia by 19 percent in 2013 compared to 2012.
- Competing North and South. Biederman, David // Traffic World;10/23/2000, Vol. 264 Issue 4, p34
Focuses on intermodal shipping in New England. State of the region's intermodal infrastructure; Range of shipping services available in the region; Intermodal challenges facing New England shippers.