5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- ...sells Kali und Salz stake to PCS. // Chemical Week;8/21/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 32, p5
Reports on BASF's plans to sell its stake in money-losing potash and salt affiliate Kali und Salz Beteiligungs (KSB) to Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan.
- BASF confident on potash sale... // Chemical Week;8/28/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 33, p6
Reports on BASF's optimism that its sale of a 51 percent stake in Kali und Salz to Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan will be approved by German antitrust authorities.
- The Billion-Dollar Club. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;10/12/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 25, p23
The article focuses on the 2009 ranking of companies by chemical sales. The top spot was secured by BASF, with revenues up by 2% to 58.3 billion U.S. dollars. The second place was taken by ExxonMobil from Dow Chemical, which finished third with sales up 7%. The fourth spot was taken by Shell...
- European Firms Report Sharp Declines in Profits and Sales. Ramesh, Deepti; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/4/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the financial performance and sales of chemical companies in Europe in the first quarter of 2009. BASF reported a 68 percent decrease in its first-quarter net profits. Bayer MaterialScience claimed that its sales declined by 35 percent during the period. Meanwhile, the...
- Stronger Economy Boosts Profits; Caution on Second Half. Walsh, Kerri; Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;8/2/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 18, p14
The article reports that majority of players in the chemical sector in Europe have enjoyed higher 2010 second-quarter sales and earnings, but they predict growth to slowdown in the second half of the year. The total net income of BASF quadrupled, to 1.2 billion euros, on sales up 30%, to 16.2...
- breaking news Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/10/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 6, p3
Reports global developments in the chemical industry as of February 2003. Decision of BASF AG to its capacity for waxes and wax emulsions; Percentage increase of the revenue of Ferro Corp.; Acquisition of the Bayer Polymers LLC organic pigment business by Sun Chemical Corp.
- Germany may thwart fertilizer deal. // Chemical Week;1/22/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the German Federal Cartel Office's prohibition of Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan's acquisition of the controlling interest in Kali und Salz from BASF.
- Germany blocks sale of Kali und Salz. Pfeifer, Sylvia // Chemical Week;3/12/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p19
Reports on the German government's rejection of the sale of BASF's majority stake in potash mining affiliate Kali und Salz to Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan. Concerns of the federal government of Germany about the sale; Previous objection to Kali und Salz's restructuring plans.
- newsbrief. White, Liz // Urethanes Technology;Apr/May2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p4
Presents news briefs in the urethane industry as of April 2004. Highlights of the groundbreaking for the major isocyanates complex at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park in China; Process developed by Bayer MaterialScience for making chlorine from hydrochloric acid; Percentage of increase in...