Asian growth surge
- Upturn continues, says Asian Development Bank. // Air Cargo World;Aug2010, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p13
The article reports on the 2010 economic forecast for developing Asia by Asian Development Bank which increased to 7.9 percent up from an April forecast of 7.5 percent. It states the total growth of Southeast Asia which is expected to be 6.7 percent in 2010 from a previous forecast of 5.1...
- Growth Accelerates, but Bird Flu is a Threat. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/4/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 1, p29
The article presents an economic outlook for Asia in 2006. According to a report published in late December 2005 by the Asian Development Bank, economic growth is expected to pick up in the rest of Asia during 2006, boosted by a turnaround in demand for information technology products. East Asia...
- Asia-Pacific's economic growth slows down. // Asian Pacific Post;12/20/2007, p11
The article discusses the potential economic slowdown in Asia due to the impact of the U.S. economy which is suffering from the subprime mortgage crisis, according to a report from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) in Manila, Philippines. ADB predicts that China will post an eight percent...
- Asian growth surge continues. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Nov2000, p4
Reports that the Asian Development Bank has revised its forecast for Asian economic growth for year 2000. Basis for the revised economic growth; Market sectors which are likely to affect the economic growth of some Asian countries; Countries which are expected to gain economic growth in 2000.
- Growth in '99? // Export Today;Jan1999, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the Asian Development Bank's economic outlook for Asian economies in 1999. Thailand; South Korea; Hong Kong; Indonesia; Vietnam.
- What Crisis? // Export Today's Global Business;Jul2000, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p12
Presents information on a report released by Asian Development Bank regarding regional economic growth in Asia. Factors that limit economic expansion in Asia; Basis for Asia's growth in 1999; Overview of the economic conditions in selected Asian countries.
- ASIA: ADB downgrade. // International Construction;Oct2011, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the forecasts of Asian Development Bank (ADB) stating that economic growth across 12 key developing Asian economies will be 7.5% in 2011.
- STRAIGHT TALK. Dipankar, Kumar // India Business Journal;Jun2013, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p15
An interview with Asian Development Bank President Takehiko Nakao is presented. He discussed the bank's decision to maintain its lending level to India. He talks about the resource challenge faced by the bank which can give way to active investments in different asset types. He characterizes the...
- Dynamics of Asian Century. Khan, Muhammad // Hilal;May2013, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p21
The article provides an overview of the Asia's economic condition in the 21st century. Several thinkers and scholars describe the 21st century as the Asian Century as the continent is making its way as the centre of world power politics and economic hub. A report from Asian Development Bank is...