Bayer to feed more cash into crops business
- Bayer Unveils Agchem Plans; Ups Pipeline Estimates. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;9/19/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 23, p14
The article focuses on the plans of agricultural chemicals producer Bayer CropScience for 2011. Bayer changed its earnings guidelines to include sales improvement based on currency and portfolio. It also plans to expand Ebitda before special items by approximately 20 percent. According to Sandra...
- Agrochemical giants can capture growth. Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business;9/15/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 10, p15
The article reports that the world's major agrochemical companies had a banner year in 2007, and 2008 looks even stronger. Agribusiness consultancy Phillips McDougall says that, overall, agrochemical sales were up by 29% in the first half. Big sector players are well laced to innovate and Bayer...
- Pipeline In Focus: Bayer CropScience. // Farm Chemicals International;Nov2013, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p15
The article discusses how Bayer CropScience would invest 5.4 billion dollar through 2016 to make developments in its agrochemical business.
- Monsanto/Bayer row over patents ends. Tyler, Alan // European Chemical News;10/20/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2073, p43
Reports on the broad-ranging agreement forged by Monsanto and Bayer CropScience that dismiss several legal actions between agrochemical producers. Terms of the agreement; Significance of the agreement.
- MERGER CREATES CROP PROTECTION POWERHOUSE. // Agri Marketing;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p46
Interviews John Gray, vice president of marketing and portfolio management for Bayer CropScience, about possible entry of the company into the agricultural chemicals industry in the United States. Opinion on the role of biotechnology in the U.S.; Views on the U.S. market.
- A growth market. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;6/15/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 24, p16
The article reports on the performance of the agricultural chemical sector in the first quarter (Q1) of 2009. Several chemical companies have reported an increase in sales in their agriculture chemical units. The Q1 sales of the Agricultural Solutions unit of BASF AG shot up by 21%. Bayer...
- NEW SEED DRESSINGS DUE ANNUALLY. // Farmers Weekly;7/11/2003, Vol. 139 Issue 2, pS23
Announces the annual seed treatment product launch plan of Bayer CropScience. Active ingredients that it plans to introduce into the agricultural chemicals market; Brand names associated with the company; Components of some of its products.
- Reformulating Bayer. Wehrspann, Jodie // Farm Industry News;Dec2007, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p26
This article explains that Bayer AG is ready to take on a new kind of headache that is flaring up on crop farms: glyphosate resistance. For years, glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup herbicide, has been a favorite. It is easy to use, relatively inexpensive and kills weeds. Yet, because...
- Envidor foliar miticide wins federal label. // Western Farm Press;10/1/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p20
Reports on the federal label received by Bayer CropScience AG for its Envidor 2 SC Miticide in the U.S. Development of a new selective, foliar miticide that contains the active ingredient spirodiclofen; Effectiveness of the product for mite control; Significance of the federal label on the...