Auto M&A Heats Up
- Stallkamp: Chrysler spirit will live on. Kisiel, Ralph // Automotive News;11/23/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5794, p1
Reports that former Chrysler Corp. president Tom Stallkamp has expressed that most of the company's executives are still worried that the company will lose its freewheeling spirit when it merged with Daimler-Benz AG. Stallkamp as president of DaimlerChrysler Corp.; Cars produced by Chrysler's...
- Maximum merger. Cook, William J.; Kaye, Steven D. // U.S. News & World Report;05/18/98, Vol. 124 Issue 19, p45
Examines the merger between Daimler-Benz AG and Chrysler Corp. Comments of Daimler-Benz chairman Jurgen Schrempp; Role of Chrysler chairman Bob Eaton; Potential problems with merger; Competition in the auto industry; Mergers among automotive supply companies; Background on Daimler-Benz and...
- DCX: Year One. Smith, Brett C. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Nov99, Vol. 111 Issue 11, p38
Focuses on Daimler-Benz and Chrysler Corporation after a year of merging. Comments from chairmen, Robert J. Eaton and Jurgen E. Schrempp; Fundamental drivers of the merger; Questions regarding the synergies of the merger.
- DaimlerChrysler creating $81 billion finance giant. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;1/21/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 13, p22
Reports on DaimlerChrysler's plan to combine the financial services operations of Chrysler Corp. and Daimler-Benz AG. Impact of the move to the international financial services market; Contributions of the operations to the two companies' revenues; Growth strategy of the combined unit.
- Daimler or Chrysler? Time to choose. Wernle, Bradford; Kisiel, Ralph // Automotive News;8/27/2007, Vol. 82 Issue 6270, p8
The article reports that Americans working at Daimler-Benz AG and German employees assigned to Chrysler Corp. have given August 31, 2007 deadline to decide who they will stick with. When the DaimlerChrysler AG divorce was finalized this month, 41 employees were caught on the other side of the...
- Holden: More big D/C projects to follow Graz. Kisiel, Ralph // Automotive News;12/6/1999, Vol. 74 Issue 5851, p6
Focuses on the projects of DaimlerChrysler company. Background on the merger of Daimler-Benz AG and Chrysler Corp.; Amount which the company hopes to save by combining its operations; Cost savings achieved by DaimlerChrysler.
- DaimlerChrysler revisits plans for China minivan. Treece, James B.; Murphy, David // Automotive News;10/5/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5787, p6
Comments on the possibility of DaimlerChrysler AG reviving a former project of Chrysler Corp., and Daimler-Benz AG, which entailed the construction of minivans in China. Impact of the venture, if successful, on plans by Shanghai General Motors; Factors which motivated DaimlerChrysler to...
- D/C taps M-B exec to blend management. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;12/21/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5798, p8
Reports on the appointment of Andreas Renschler as director of the global executive management development of Daimler-Benz and Chrysler. Responsibilities in connection with the integration of operations of the two companies under DaimlerChrysler AG; Previous job; Career highlights.
- New D/C marketing plan fans brand worries. Ostle, Dorothee // Automotive News;12/21/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5798, p8
Looks into the concerns of German executives over the merger of business operations of Daimler-Benz and Chrysler under DaimlerChrysler AG. Concern over the Chrysler-style sales and marketing organization; Executives in key positions.