- Eminent Domain Practices: Their Effect on Acquisition. McGough, B.C. // Appraisal Journal;Apr65, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p203
Discusses the effect of eminent domain practices in the United States on acquisition. Acquisition of property under eminent domain; Eminent domain practices and land costs; Administrative system; Judicial decree system; Administrative and judicial systems of land acquisition; Changing legal...
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CPO. Lawes, Graeme // Estates Gazette;1/26/2013, Issue 1304, p98
The author offers information on compulsory purchase orders (CPO) and the process of acquiring land and property by CPO. He claims that proper use of CPO may result to social, economic and environmental improvement. An overview of the two methods of compulsory purchase is provided, development...
- The new Land Bill: Hits and Misses. // India Today;8/15/2011, p35
The article examines the strengths and weaknesses of Land Acquisition Bill proposed by the rural development ministry of India. Under the bill, government acquisition of land is strictly for the purpose of public use or for use by the private sector for stated public purpose. Farmers who will be...
- This Land is Their Land. Ford, Ray // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Jan/Feb99, Vol. 23 Issue 144, p40
Focuses on land expropriation, a process by which a government or public body forcibly acquires land to carry out a public purpose. People most likely to face expropriation; Basic purpose of the expropriation law; Advice on how to fight expropriation. INSETS: Case 1 Highway to Hell;Case 2 This...
- Recent Developments in the Eminent Domain Field. Miller, John D. // Appraisal Journal;Apr72, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p286
Reports on the efforts of the California Law Revision Commission to address the widespread dissatisfaction over eminent domain law in the state. Recommendations concerning the passage of title, evidence in eminent domain proceedings and reimbursement for moving expenses when property is...
- Expropriation: Who pulls the strings? Holt, Ed; Pisarova, Martina // Slovak Spectator;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 43, Special Section pI
Discusses controversy on the expropriation of land from private owners to house investors in Slovakia. Purpose of the expropriation; Legal aspect of land expropriation.
- condemnation. // ICSC Dictionary of Shopping Center Terms;2005, p29
A definition of the term "condemnation," as used in the legal setting, is presented.
- Imperial Beach: City Seeks Big Plan in Palm of Hands. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p19
The article reports the plan of the Imperial Beach City to use eminent domain in acquiring a shopping center on the south side of the Palm Avenue in California. The City Council considers the legal action and strategy for the property negotiations to the Dimenstein family who is the largest...
- Court puts everything up for sale. Sandefur, Timothy // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/25/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p4
Comments on the abuse of eminent domain by local governments in the U.S. Rationale of governments for reselling public land to private developers; Impact of the eminent domain abuse on homeowners; Development projects in public land.