- When Heroes Fail: a Story of One Rescuer. BLAND, IAN // Fire Engineering;Dec2014, Vol. 167 Issue 12, p57
The article discusses the experience of a Queensland Fire and Rescue Level II swift water rescue technician who responded to a flood in Grantham and Gatton in January 2011. Topics discussed include his dispatch to a family trapped in rising flood waters, his efforts to save a 4-year-old boy and...
- SCO at Work - Giyari Sector. // Hilal;2012, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p39
The article reports on the rescue work conducted by the Special Communication Organisation (SCO) after the tragedy in Giyari, Pakistan in 2012.
- Search-and-Rescue Man. Bowen, Scott // Outdoor Life;Feb2001, Vol. 207 Issue 1, p10
Presents information on the search and rescue operations of the Lewis and Clark Search-and-Rescue team in Montana. How the rescue team look for lost persons; Use of psychological profiling and lost-person behavior in search and rescue operations; Examples of search and rescue experiences of the...
- RESCUE! Dankanich, Merry // Odyssey;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p11
The article discusses how to search for people who gets lost in the wood or any other outdoor places.
- Did You Hear 'Mayday'? Novak, LCdr. Ron // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;May2001, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p6
Describes the author's participation in a search and rescue (SAR) operation at sea. Challenges in applying the training he learned at the United States Navy for a land-based rescue; Difficulties maneuvering the aircraft for the land rescue operation.
- Rescue Points to Ponder. Downey, Ray // Fire Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 153 Issue 6, p40
Offers rescue personnel advice on how to approach different rescue situations. Scaffolding collapse; Water tower rescue; Moving concrete.
- Learn More. Hughes, Monica // To the Rescue;2006, p24
A list of books and web sites related to rescue work is presented.
- TRENCH AWARENESS. Darnell, Cary // Fire Engineering;May2001, Vol. 154 Issue 5, p73
Describes the proper training for an effective and efficient trench rescue or recovery operation. Awareness level training; Mastery of rescue tools; Trench simulators; Basic trench rescue response; On-scene protocol; Shoring a trench; Goals and objectives.
- Where the Water Meets the Road. Rigg, Nancy J. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;3/1/2012, p8
The article distinguishes between the management of urban search-and-rescue operations in a waterborne environment and water-rescue operations especially swiftwater and flood-rescue operations. Swiftwater rescue involves a very special skill level with particular training and equipment. The...