Fire Service Leaders Testify Before House
- Jackson Fire Department awarded $67,744. // Jackson Advocate;3/22/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 23, p9A
The article informs that the Jackson Fire Department was awarded 67,744 U.S. dollars by the Department of Homeland Security Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Fire Administration of the U.S.
- DHS/FEMA/USFA issue SAFER Update. // Fire Engineering;Feb2010, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p55
The article reports that an update concerning Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grants has been issued by the Department of Homeland Security (DHA)/Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA)/ U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) in December 2009.
- USFA releases fire-related firefighter injuries report. // Fire Engineering;May2008, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p54
The article presents the report of the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security's Fire Administration, titled "Fire-Related Firefighter Injuries in 2004." The report reveals the details of firefighter injuries occurred at a fire incident or while responding to and returning from the fire scene. It also...
- USFA recruiting students an instructors for pilot classes. // Fire Engineering;Aug2009, Vol. 162 Issue 8, p48
The article reports on pilot classes to be conducted by the United States Fire Administration (USFA) under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for its six-day, on-campus Hot Topics in Fire Protection classes. According to the article, the classes will be conducted at the National Emergency...
- Senate Defeats Democratic Did to Boost 'First-Responder' Spending. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p4
Reports on the disapproval of the attempts of the Democrats to increase spending in the pending funding bill for the Department of Homeland Security in the U.S. Control of public expenditure using budgetary points of order by the Senate Appropriations Committee; Allocation of budget for the...
- Defense prime contractors rely on core abilities as they zero-in on homeland security market. McHale, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the proposal to increase budget for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Use of electronics for military services; Demand for security in the private sector; Application of electronic identification in certification of products.
- LI vies for Homeland Institute. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/10/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 44, p1A
Reports on the proposed national Homeland Security Institute by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Establishment of Homeland Security Centers of Excellence; Enhancement of the core competencies; Budget for the initiative
- Congress passes FY 2006 Homeland Security Appropriations Bill. // Fire Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p52
Reports on the approval of the U.S. Congress on the fiscal year 2006 Homeland Security Appropriations Bill and citation on the major components of the bill.
- Senates Approves DHS Funding Measure. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;9/20/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the U.S. Senate's approval of a multibillion appropriations bill for the Department of Homeland Security in fiscal 2005. Aims of the bill; U.S. Senate's rejection of Democrats request in increasing funding to help local police and fire departments in protecting thousands of chemical...