DHS Opens '07 FIRE Grants Applications
- Not Taken for Granted. West, Pat // Fire Chief;Jul2005, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p40
Focuses on the dispersion of federal funds to fire departments in the U.S. Web site for applying grants to various agencies; Distribution of the grants by the Department of Homeland Security programs; Requirements to obtain grants.
- United States : UTICA FIRE DEPARTMENT receives DHS grant for operations and safety. // TendersInfo News;8/4/2014, p1
The article reports on the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's offering of a grant of 46,550 dollars to the Utica Fire Department in New York for operations and safety.
- House passes FY 2005 Homeland Security Appropriations. // Fire Engineering;Aug2004, Vol. 157 Issue 8, p54
Reports on the passage of the fiscal year 2005 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations bill by the U.S. House of Representatives. Details on the funding for the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response Firefighters Act; Administration of a grant program to the local fire...
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security boosting funding to P.R. Oliver-Mendez, Ken // Caribbean Business;5/8/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p44
Reports on the date due for the submission of applications to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Office for Domestic Preparedness grants in Puerto Rico. Total amount of the federal aid; Proceeds of the funds; Electronic filing available.
- Homeland Security grants additional $2.2 million to Puerto Rico/USVI maritime facilities. Martinez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;6/26/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p4
Confirms that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has awarded a grant to the Puerto Rico/U.S. Virgin Islands region for port-security investments. Allocation of funds for infrastructure improvement.
- DHS grants boost safety at 27 NJ Jewish sites. WIENER, ROBERT // New Jersey Jewish News;9/1/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 35, p4
The article reports that new security grants from the U.S. federal Department of Homeland Security have been awarded to 27 Jewish institutions in New Jersey in 2011.
- DHS dishes out $113 million for preparedness training. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Nov2007, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p11
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to award more than $113 million in grant money under two preparedness training programs. They are under the fiscal year 2007 Homeland Security National Training Program with $84 million in cooperation and inter-agency...
- CUTTING IN THE CARDS. Edmonson, R. G. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/30/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p20
The article focuses on the decline in port security grants offered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in 2011. Under the Maritime Transportation Security Act, ports and other facilities are required to install electronic devices to read biometric data on the Transportation Worker...
- Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands maritime companies granted $304,142 for port security. Martinez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;10/21/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p46
The article repots that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has awarded $304.142 to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in a fourth round of grants for port security. Maritime cargo carrier Trailer Bridge Inc. received $129,980 for infrastructure improvements to its terminal in Puerto...