- A WELCOME DISRUPTION. Congini, David // Fire Chief;Dec2010, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p34
The article discusses the importance of self-contained chemical-extinguishing devices for controlling structure fires and preventing unnecessary damages caused by water. It states that these devices were also developed to make conditions safer for firefighters. It adds that these devices use...
- Save the heroes. Chandler, Nikki // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p8
Focuses on the demonstration of a wireless technology to track firefighters through heavy smoke and fire by Time Domain Corp. Submission of a proposal to build functional prototype systems; Development of the Ultra radio; Use of thermal-imaging cameras.
- Extinguisher Trainer. // Fire Chief;Mar2008, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p90
The article evaluates the I.T.S. Xtreme fire extinguisher from BullEx Digital Safety.
- A TRUE STORY OF SCOUTERS IN ACTION. // Scouting;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p68
The comic strip "A True Story of Scouters in Action" is presented.
- EQUIPMENT NEWS. // Fire Chief;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p100
Features several fire fighting equipment. Capacity of the CCS-COBRA from Cold Cut System AB; Physical description of the MacKenzie chainsaw pack developed by Frontline Safety Gear; Capabilities of the AtroPen injector from Meridian Medical Technologies Inc.
- Burning Money. Williams, Ted // Audubon;Jan2001-Feb2001, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p34
Provides information on different forest fires that occurred in the United States (U.S.) in the year 2000. Estimated amount spent by the U.S. government to extinguish the fires; Implication of the fires on the environment and forest ecosystem; Process of recruiting fire fighters; Cost of water...
- MONITOR THE SITUATION. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Aug2008, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p112
The article reports on the importance of using monitors in fire fighting in the U.S. It states that monitors allow firefighters to make faster, safer and more effective attacks with a minimum number of people. Also, electric remote-control monitors mounted on the front bumpers of engines,...
- BAFE Scheme in line with RRO. // Fire Safety Engineering;Feb2005, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that the BAFE approved technicians scheme continues to develop as the role of competent persons. It is reported that it attains even greater prominence in the new Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order and the benefits of third party certification are increasingly recognized...
- A WORLD LEADER IN FIRE APPARATUS. // Fire Engineering;May2006, Vol. 159 Issue 5, p148
The article presents information on Hendrickson Mobile Equipment (HME), custom trucks manufacturer. Currently located in Wyoming, Michigan with over 140 employees, HME is the world's largest single-source producer of custom, stainless steel fire apparatus, and has just launched a number of new...