- NASFM new OLS administrator. // Fire Engineering;Nov98, Vol. 151 Issue 11, p47
Reports that the administration of Operation Life Safety (OLS) was shifted from the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) to the National Association of State Fire Marshals (NASFM). Remarks of NASFM President Rocco Grabriele about the move; Future role of IAFC in OLS.
- State Fire Marshal reflects on 2012. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p38
The author highlights significant events and activities of the State Fire Marshal Division in 2012. He announces that starting in the January 2013 issue, there will be a change in the focus of the articles the State Fire Marshal Division is submitting to "Minnesota Fire Chief." Looking back, he...
- Tom's Trumpet. Brace, Tom // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2013, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p46
The author discusses his experiences of serving as the State Fire Marshal of Washington and Minnesota with the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA); he mentions the Emergency Medical Services Committee (EMS) of the MSFCA and how it functions.
- A code official's dilemma: HOW SHOULD I HANDLE FIRE CODE QUESTIONS? McGinty, Kevin J. // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2012, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p28
The article reports on questions about the Minnesota State Fire Code that fire chiefs are often asked. In the state, some departments have fire marshals who take care of such concerns, although not all departments have one. Some of the questions can be easily answered, but there have been...
- Where's the Beef? Sheehan, Patrick // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p47
Focuses on the issues surrounding fire codes. Case of a fire chief who was told of a Fire Marshal rule requiring a change of tires due to its age; Importance of making fire codes as specific as possible; Information on the responsibilities of fire chiefs to the general public.
- Be the Master of Your Fate. Coleman, Ronny J. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;3/1/2012, p11
The article discusses concerns over an increase in the failure of built-in fire protection to function properly. It notes that everything inside a building needs the scrutiny similar to fire chief asking whether the policies and procedures address the component of maintenance and fire marshalls...
- Alternative fuels - alternative solutions. Bergstrand, Glen; Jenson, Tom // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p58
The article looks at the properties of several alternative fuels, along with actions for fire chiefs and fire marshals to consider when faced with alternative-fuel installation questions. Among of the alternative fuels considered are liquefied natural gas, compressed natural gas, and liquid...
- 2 5 years yields many benefactors. Schliek, David // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p20
The author cites several board members of the Minnesota Fire Service Certification Board (MFSCB) and early leaders of the certification program in Minnesota that had been recognized at the 25 year celebration held by the MFSCB. He mentions some of the benefactors of the practice of demonstrating...
- MAC-SICS: INDUSTRIAL MUTUAL AID IN NEW JERSEY. Kanterman, Ron // Fire Engineering;Nov2005, Vol. 158 Issue 11, p97
The article presents information about the initiative of New Jersey's new state fire Marshall to arrange a meeting of every industrial fire chief of his contact. He stated that he was getting the industrial chiefs together from throughout the state. According to the Marshall, they need to...