Online Travel Takes Off
- VidKids. // Entrepreneur;Nov2006, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p18
A chart is presented that lists the types of videos downloaded by Internet users aging 13 to 21 in the U.S. which include movie trailers, entertainment news, and sports highlights.
- He Clicks, She Clicks. // Entrepreneur;Nov2006, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p22
A chart is presented that lists the computer activities done by adults in the U.S. which include shopping online, listening to music, and accessing online health services.
- Best Internet sites. Bowes, Chris // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/15/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6153, p44
Recommends several Internet sites in Australia. Gifts and homeware information at Jabiroo; Travel guides on Ozmail's site; Australian Online Bookshop.
- Grading the Library Portals. O'Leary, Mick // Online;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p38
Evaluates several library portals. Vendor portals; Commercial portals; Library developed portals; Strategy for making best use of library portals.
- Site of the week. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;06/21/99, Vol. 129 Issue 26, p65
Features the Web site, Fox Sports Online. Clips from Fox Sports News; Relaunch of the site in September 1998; In-house site design; Streaming technology; Average page views monthly.
- It's a small Web. Thomas, Jens // New Scientist;09/11/99, Vol. 163 Issue 2203, p12
Focuses on a study by physicist Albert-Laszlo Barabasi and his colleagues, published in volume 401 of `Nature,' which indicate that the shortest route between any two Web pages spans no more than 19 hyperlinks. Robot program developed by Barabasi to discover how Web documents are linked to each...
- Selling simplicity. Cheng, Kipp // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/14/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p58
Assesses the trend among several Web sites to focus their attention on online search services. Aim to make elegantly simple searching a satisfying part of the online experience; Evolution of search engines into specialized vertical portals; Observations by Scott Kurnit, founder and chief...
- TRAVEL BUDGETS. // Business Travel World;Dec2006, p58
A chart is presented that lists data on airline travel and hotel rates in Europe as of December 2006.
- ITM goes for the glitz…maybe. // Business Travel World;Dec2008, p40
A chart is presented that offers information on Institute of Travel Management (ITM) members who are expected to face spending cuts.