THE WEEK: IN REVIEW
- MGM GOLDEN 'BLONDE' DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;2/19/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 39, p5
Reports on the financial performance of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. (MGM) for the fourth quarter of 2004. Factors contributing to the company's sales increase; Percent decline in Lion's quarterly revenue; Sales performance of several MGM released DVD.
- Sale talks won't stall Lion's gait. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;1/16/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the possible sale of Los Angeles, California-based movie company Metro-Goldwyn-Myers (MGM). Ongoing projects of the company; MGM controlling shareholder Kerkorian's plans to dispose of his 80% MGM stake; Prospective buyers of MGM.
- The Kerkorian trilogy. Adiga, Aravind // Money;May2002, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p22
Focuses on Kirk Kerkorian, owner of MGM Studios, who says he is interested in selling the company. How Kekorian combined MGM and United Artists, selling the combined studios to Ted Turner; Sale of MGM by Turner back to Kekorian, who then sold it to Italian magnate Giancarlo Parretti; Kekorian's...
- Movie bid sweetened. // BRW;9/9/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p81
Focuses on the cash bid of Time Warner for Metro-Golden-Mayer in the U.S.
- Suitors for MGM delve in. DiOrio, Carl // Hollywood Reporter;1/7/2010, Vol. 412 Issue 43, p1
The article presents information on the sale of motion picture studio Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer Studios Inc. (MGM). It is stated that more than a dozen suitors have signed confidentiality agreements and are culling through financial information about the studio. Some of the suitors include Warner...
- SHOW BIZ STOCKS. // Daily Variety;3/8/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 51, p12
Presents the performance of stocks of several companies in the motion picture industry in the U.S. as of March 8, 2004. AMC; Metro Goldwyn Mayer; Sinclair; InterActive.
- Patton, Rivers join `Fled' cast. Dunkley, Cathy // Hollywood Reporter;11/22/95, Vol. 339 Issue 49, p4
Reports on the selection of actors Will Patton, Victor Rivers, Robert Hooks and Robert John Burke to appear in lead roles in Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer's action comedy `Fled.' Other stars of the film.
- Hey, big spender. Saslav, Lea; DiOrio, Carl // Hollywood Reporter;12/4/95, Vol. 350 Issue 5, p5
Reports that MGM/UA is close to making a major investment in New York's historic Kaufman Astoria studios in Queens. Auction of MGM/UA; Build up of MGM's presence in New York; Sales strategy for MGM/UA.
- MGM OUT OF BANKRUPTCY. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;12/27/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 52, p3
This article reports on the emergence of U.S. film studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. from bankruptcy protection on December 20, 2010.