THE LORE OF RED HERRING
- European Investment Bank. // Essential Finance;2003, p129
A definition of the term "European Investment Bank" is presented. It refers to a bank created in 1957 by the Treaty of Rome, a treaty which has first established the existence of what has become the European Union. Such bank acts as a development bank for Europe that uses its good name to borrow...
- Changing Channels at 'TV Guide'. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Nov2003, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p72
Describes changes to the design of the magazine "TV Guide." Limitation of the magazine's cover design; Approach used in typography and graphics; Accessibility of the articles.
- The competition is murder. Frederick, Heather Vogel // Publishers Weekly;4/14/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 15, p40
Focuses on the success of crime and mystery books and presents the thoughts of several people in the publishing industry. The optimism expressed by Betty Prashker, editor-at-large at Crown; Comments from an editor at Putnam about the competition in the business; Discussion of successful...
- November Publications. Cannon, Peter; Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;10/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 43, p55
Offers information on several mystery books to be published in October and November 2002. 'Death on the Eleventh Hole,' by J.M. Gregson; 'Dark Horse,' by Marilyn Todd; 'Primitive Secrets,' by Deborah Turrell Atkinson.
- investment bank. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p4062
A definition for the term "investment bank," is presented. It refers to a bank that does not accept deposits but provides services to those who offer securities to investors, and to those investors.
- Entropy - New Editor-in-Chief and Outlook. Harremoës, Peter // Entropy;Mar2009, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
The author reflects on the changes made in the publishing requirements of the journal "Entropy." The author stresses that the journal will be more stricter in using entropy related quantities and requires to utilize more suitable concept on entropy. The author emphasizes on the use of modern...
- Index to new names, combinations and emendation appearing in Mycoscience 52 (4). // Mycoscience (Springer Science & Business Media B.V.);Jul2011, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p288
No abstract available.
- press date. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p5839
A definition of the term "press date" is presented. It refers to the date on which a newspaper or magazine is printed.
- THE LORE OF RED HERRING. // Red Herring;4/30/2007, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p8
The article highlights the different uses of the term "red herring." In the 1920s, American investment bankers began calling preliminary investment prospectuses red herrings as a warning to investors that the documents were not complete or final. In the spirit of full disclosure, the founders of...