Cisco Invests in Russia
- New rules prompt cautious stance. // Fund Strategy;4/4/2011, p30
The article reports on the impact of the new investment rules in venture capital trusts (VCTs). As stated, the new rule could create confusion on advisers and investors investing in VCT despite hopes for an enterprise-led recovery. It notes that a review on the regulation will be conducted after...
- Board forming to oversee venture fund. Stacklin, Jeff // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p3
Governor Bob Taft during the few weeks after May 12, 2003, will appoint a nine-member authority to oversee a soon-to-be-created, early-stage venture capital fund that's expected to generate at least $ 200 million in investments in startup companies. Seven members of the Ohio Venture Capital...
- Cisco Foundations Hire Callan and Review Mix. Philley, Alicia // Investment Management Weekly;10/11/99, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p2
Reports on the selection of Callan Associates by Cisco Systems as the first consultant for its two foundations.
- Even Silicon Valley Gets the Blues. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;10/15/2008, p6
The article reports on the financial status of the Silicon Valley as of October 2008. The Silicon Valley Venture Capitalist Confidence Index dropped to 2.89 on a 5-point scale. Things that venture capitals (VCs) are worried about include the blurry outlook, the spread of the credit crisis into...
- Local Venture Capitalists: $41M Last Year. Beighley, Dan // Orange County Business Journal;6/16/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p3
The article reports on investments made by venture capital firms based in Orange County, California into startups in 2007. Total 2007 venture funding in the region including money from outside the county came in at $433 million, according to Dow Jones and Co.'s Venturesource unit. The largest...
- Qualcomm to invest $150m in Indian startups. Stubbs, Agnes // Capacity Magazine;10/19/2015, p1
US chip maker Qualcomm is to invest up to $150 million in Indian startup companies via a venture fund.
- early stage investments. // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p80
Information on the term "early stage investments" is presented. It refers to the investment made by venture capital institutions in the provision of seed capital and start-up finance for new companies.
- Venture capital investment soars in second quarter. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p25
Reports on growth of U.S. venture capital investments in the second quarter of 2004. Indication that venture capitalists are more willing to risk money on new business plans after cleaning up troubled investments from the Internet bubble; Increase in interim returns and new fund formation; More...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/16/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 19, p20
Provides some insights into investment banking in the U.S. compiled as of May 2005. Private equity fund raising; Venture capital funds; Buyout and mezzanine funds; Top advisers on leveraged buyouts.