Zillow Rival Snags $6M
- Venturing beyond their own back yards. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p19
Focuses on the out-of-state deals of some venture capital (VC) firms in Indiana. Efforts of venture capitalists to seek the most attractive potential deals; Concentration most VC firms within a particular industry or field of expertise for their particular partners; Reasons some out-of-state VC...
- Venture capital funds show gains again. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p25
Reports on one-year average gain generated by U.S. venture capital funds in the 12 months through March 2004. Average loss; Survey by research firm Thomson Venture Economics and the lobby group National Venture Capital Association; Guide to changes in venture capital returns.
- Venture Capitalists As Economic Principals. Kaplan, Steven N.; Stromberg, Per // NBER Reporter;Summer2003, p22
Describes the empirical work comparing the contracts and actions of real world economic principals with their counterparts in financial contracting theory. Discussion of contracting; Things done by venture capitalists before making an investment and financial decision; Implications and conclusions.
- Investor's Powder Stays Dry as a Bone. McKnight, Marshall // njbiz;5/12/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p6
Presents statistics on venture capitalists investments in New Jersey during the first quarter of 2003. Total amount of investments for the period; Number of companies which received investments; Difficulty facing companies searching for funds.
- Scientific Learning Delays Q3 Results; Examines Revenue Reporting For Progress Tracker System. // Electronic Education Report;10/29/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p1
This article reports that Scientific Learning Corp. postponed its planned October 19, 2004 release of third-quarter results as the company and its outside auditor reconsider the length of the revenue recognition period for contracts that include the online Progress Tracker information tracking...
- Renaissance And AlphaSmart Report Q3 Revenue Declines. // Electronic Education Report;10/29/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p5
This article reports that Renaissance Learning Inc. and AlphaSmart Inc. reported lower third-quarter revenue, while LeapFrog Enterprises Inc. lowered third-quarter guidance in advance of its upcoming financial report in the U.S. The supporting details of this news item are organized as follows:...
- Venture Bucks Drop 31% in 3rd Quarter. // Red Herring;10/20/2010, p2
The article reports on a 31 percent decline in venture funding during the third quarter of 2010. Venture capital which invested 6.9 billion U.S. dollars in 962 deals during the second quarter, invested only 4.8 billion U.S. dollars in 780 deals during the third quarter. The decline was...
- EURO DISNEY PINS ITS HOPES ON REFINANCING. Neville, Laurence // Global Finance;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the restructuring of theme park Euro Disney in Paris, France. Volatility of the financial performance of the company; Solicitation of financing from investors; Optimism of the return of the company to profitability.
- A Bang, Not a Whimper. Ruth, Jo�o-Pierre S. // njbiz;2/2/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p12
Evaluates the performance of venture capitalists in New Jersey in 2003. Venture funding for biotechnology and medical device sectors; Funding for telecommunications companies in the fourth quarter of 2003; Confidence of investors with new business enterprises.