20 YEARS AGO
- ICI snap up Cuprinol. // Builders Merchants Journal;Apr98, p5
Reports on the acquisition plans by ICI, makers of Dulux paints and woodstains of Cuprinol, Polycell and Hammerite. Opinion of Geoff Page, marketing and strategic planning manager for ICI Dulux, on the proposed acquisition.
- Belgian firm UCB acquires ICI film plants. Miller, Diane // Plastics News;2/9/1998, Vol. 9 Issue 50, p23
Announces that UCB SA has acquired ICI film plants. Background information on UCB; What the merged companies will produce; Comments from Alain Douxchamps, spokesman for UCB.
- Croda Acquires Uniqema from ICI. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/5/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 23, p8
This article states that Croda International has agreed to acquire ICI's Uniqema oleochemicals and derivatives business for Â£ 410 million. Croda will pay ICI Â£ 370 million in cash and assume Â£ 40 million of unfunded pension liabilities on completion of the deal in the third quarter....
- Food Maker Buys ICI's Food Ingredients. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;3/10/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the acquisition of the food ingredients business of Quest International by Kerry Group from ICI. Chemical products produced by the business; Reason for the sale of the business; Plan of ICI for Quest.
- R.I.P. Beacham, Will // ICIS Chemical Business;2/18/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 7, p24
The article focuses on takeover of Great Britain's ICI by Dutch coatings and specialty chemicals firm Akzo Nobel. ICI was once a leading global commodity chemical company with sizeable specialty and pharmaceutical divisions. ICI shares were trading at a little over Â£6 when the spin-off...
- ICI Rejects Revised Offer from Akzo; Counter Bids May Emerge. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/1/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 26, p11
The article reports that ICI has rejected a revised, preliminary takeover bid from Akzo Nobel that values ICI at Â£7.8 billion. Akzo had not announced by press time whether it would increase its offer or launch a hostile bid for ICI. Counter bids for ICI could also emerge, including possible...
- ICI to Shed Food Ingredients Unit for $440 MM. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/8/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 10, p2
Reports that ICI has agreed to sell its food ingredients business to Kerry Group PLC in 2004. Terms of the sale; Value of the business unit.
- No space for ICI managers on Akzo's board. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Dec2007/Jan2008, Issue 798/799, p12
The article reports on the confirmation by the Dutch chemicals company Akzo Nobel that no members of the current management board members of British chemical company ICI PLC will be joining Akzo's board of directors once Akzo has completed its acquisition of ICI. Only ICI chairman Peter Ellwood...
- ICI Helps Improve CO[sub2] Dry Cleaning. // Chemical Week;8/24/2002-9/4/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 34, p30
Deals with the contribution of surfactant technology by ICI to Linde Gas for carbon dioxide-based dry-cleaning systems.