Investor activists tackle firms on chemical policies
- Two strikes and you're out! Are you ready for your AGM? Kloot, Bill te // Keeping Good Companies (14447614);Jul2012, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p379
The article discusses how companies can prepare for their annual general meeting (AGM) in 2012. The author recommends companies to obtain insight into the behaviour and voting policies of institutional investors. He explains that in doing so, companies will get an understanding of market...
- BACK TO BASICS. Koppikar, Rachna M. // Business Today;3/8/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p84
The article focuses on the impact of the decline of private equity (PE) funds on many portfolio companies and institutional investors in India in 2008. The decline in PE funds have caused companies faced dept defaults and have led investors reduced allocations to PE funds and other such...
- Foundation first to join council. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;8/8/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p10
Reports that Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation Inc. joined the Council of Institutional Investors, becoming the first such fund to join since the council decided to accept foundations and endowments. Other new corporate members.
- TOP 200 INSTITUTIONAL INVESTORS. // Asian Investor;Jul2010, p20
The article offers information on the top 200 institutional investors in Asia which account for 14.3 trillion U.S. dollars.
- Public urged to demand tough pollution rules for Great Lakes. // International Wildlife;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p25
Urges National Wildlife Federation members to use a public comment period to demand that EPA issue tough final regulations to curb the dumping of toxic chemicals into the Great Lakes. EPA's proposed rules, the Great Lakes Water Quality Initiative; What the new rules will do; Where to send...
- Health risk assessment Cheatham, Richard A. Cheatham; Savage, Eldon P.; Hellmann, Margaret A. // Journal of Environmental Health;May/Jun1990, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p352
No abstract available.
- Toxic Waste Continues to be Disguised as Dust Suppressant. // Natural Life;Jan/Feb2001, Issue 77, p13
Reports the Misapplications of Dombind, a waste product from the Norampac paper mill in Ontario. Use of the toxic waste as dust suppressants; Approval given by the government on the use of the waste materia; Description of the Dombind substance; Formation of organizations and citizens for...
- Environmental Health: An Analysis of Available and Proposed Remedies for Victims of Toxic Waste Contamination. Hurwitz, Warren J. // American Journal of Law & Medicine;Spring81, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p61
Past and present residents of the Love Canal area near Niagara Falls, New York, fear that they and their homes have been contaminated by toxic wastes seeping out from nearby chemical disposal sites. Hundreds of landfills nationwide are as potentially dangerous as Love Canal. In the absence of a...
- INVESTORS SHIFT INTO SAFETY FIRST MODE. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Sep2007, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p20
The article presents a research conducted by the State Street Global Markets International. The research states that the institutional investors are showing a marked preference for developed market equities over emerging market shares in response to market volatility. Specific details on the...