BDP buys out German JV
- news briefs. // Chemical Week;3/17/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 9, p4
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of March 2004. Appointment of Matthias Zachert as chief financial officer of Bayer's planned chemical and polymers spin-off; Acquisition of Guangzhou Montelli Material Technology by DuPont; Joint venture formed by BDP International in Qatar.
- Assembling the Consortium Puzzle. MacFadyen, Ken // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/18/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 35, p10
The article features the aggregation of private equity consortium for the buyout firms. The private equity consortium practices are giving buyout firms the heft to rewrite the merger and acquisition record books. The practice is associated with risk but the results are the proof that will show...
- Birmingham's van maker set for profit by year-end. Mortimer, John // Automotive Engineer;Apr2006, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p13
The article presents information related to the history of Birmingham, Alabama-based automobile company, Leyland Daf Vans (LDV). From the broad Morris J4 and BMCJ4 of the 1960s, the plant progressed to make Freight Rover Sherpas, which in 1987 became LDV. In 1989, it embarked on a now-defunct...
- BDP ESTABLISHES JV IN INDIA. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;3/8/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 6, p19
The article announces the joint venture of BDP International and Unique Global Logistics which formed the BDP Global Logistics India.
- Grupo Mesquita Enters Joint Venture. // Chemical Market Reporter;05/15/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 20, p38
Reports that Grupo Mesquita in Brazil and Philadelphia-based BDP International in Pennsylvania have formed a joint venture that will offer full-service air and ocean logistics in South America as of May 15, 2000. Purpose of the joint venture; Impact of the joint venture to international shippers.
- UVIMCO Eyes Private Equity, Real Estate. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;9/18/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p1
This article reports that the University of Virginia Investment Management Company has been finding some compelling private market opportunities in buyout, venture, real estate and resource development funds. According to an endowment report given at the fund's meeting, looking out five years,...
- Land of the Giants. Fonda, Daren; Bjerklie, David; Kiviat, Barbara; Tsiantar, Dody // Time;2/7/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 6, p54
Reports on corporate mergers and speculates on the merger between Proctor & Gamble (P&G) and Gillette. Description of recent corporate mergers; Thoughts on why companies decide to join forces; How P&G is acquiring Gillette; Way that this acquisition will affect P&G shareholders; Positive...
- MedCath receives $6.9M in sale of its Partners division. // Medical Device Daily;1/6/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the completion of Charlotte, North Carolina-based MedCath's sale of its ownership in a joint venture in its MedCath Partners division. The company received $6.9 million in cash for its 51% ownership interest in the joint venture. According to MedCath, it intends to use the...
- Britannia Industries 'planning buy out'. // Dairy Industries International;Nov2008, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p11
The article reports on the plan of Bangalore, India-based Britannia Industries Ltd. to buy out the stake of its New Zealand-based partner Fonterra Cooperative in a joint venture Britannia New Zealand Foods. If Fonterra becomes ready to sell its stake in the joint venture, Britannia is expected...