WHY IS THERE NO HDPE IN EUROPE?
- Polymers hit 8-year high. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;2/16/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 433, p24
Deals with the price margins posted by polymer producers in Asia as of February 16, 2004. Price increase of high-density polyethylene; Comparison with market trends in 1995; Price increase of polyvinyl chloride; Contribution of the supply and demand from China.
- Europe HDPE producers target price increases. TUDBALL, MATT // ICIS Chemical Business;9/2/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 6, p15
The article discusses high density polyethylene pipe industry in Europe as of September 2013, reporting that some producers intend to increase contract prices beyond anticipated ethylene price increases due to factors involving supply and demand and profit margins.
- HDPE. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/29/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 12, p44
Information about the chemical high density polyethylene (HDPE) is presented. HDPE accounts for about half of the global polyethylene (PE) market, mainly used in blow-molded products, film and injection molded products. Demand of HDPE in Europe in 2008 is down by at least 3% year-on-year, but...
- Untitled. x. x. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/31/2016, Issue 4588, p1
The article presents statistics associated with ethylene value chain which includes increase in its production, increase in global capacity and average annual increase in global High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) production.
- Turkey PE, PP targets higher for April. Tudball, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;4/13/2015, Issue 3534, p24
The article reports on the tight supply of polypropylene (PP) and polyethylene (PE) on the Turkish market despite observed good availability, forcing buyers to compete for material and producers to target higher prices through April 2015. Topics discussed include raffia availability being better...
- Shock waves hit Europe August PE. Naylor, Linda // ICIS Chemical Business;8/31/2015, Issue 3679, p20
The article reports that despite easing of tight supply, August 2015 pricing options are being considered by European polyethylene (PE) buyers and sellers. Topics discussed include metallocene linear low density PE (MLLDPE) and high density PE (HDPE) pipe grades as tightest grades, limited...
- Turkish PE, PP prices peak. Tudball, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;5/25/2015, Issue 3539, p26
The article discusses the expected drop in polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) prices in Turkey as driven by softer demands as well weaker lira currency in 2015. Topics discussed include the market supply as well as demand influenced price hikes for high density polyethylene (HDPE) film,...
- Europe PE players mull duty impact. Naylor, Linda // ICIS Chemical Business;11/18/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 16, p23
The article cites the differing opinions of traders in the European polyethylene (PE) market about the potential impact of the increase in duties from several established importers into Europe on PE pricing. Linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) buyers consider a possible increase in import...
- US polyethylene contracts roll over. KLUMP, MICHELLE // ICIS Chemical Business;6/10/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 20, p14
The article reports on the decline of contract negotiations for polyethylene (PE) in the U.S. in May 2013. According to sources, contract negotiations ended a flat settlement after producers accorded to delay a proposed 4 cent/pound (lb) price hike until June. The sources stated that two major...