Rompetrol to revamp cracker
- newsbriefs. // Chemical Week;4/12/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 13, p6
The article presents news and events in the chemical industry as of June 2006. John Wheeler of Nova Chemicals is this year's recipient of the CIO Excellence Award. BASF plans to invest more than $320 million over the next three years to develop next-generation agricultural biotechnology...
- SUPPLIER NEWS. // Plastics News;2/11/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p16
The article presents news items related to the plastics industry. Rompetrol Petrochemicals has launched production of high density polyethylene (HDPE) on a 132 million-pound-per-year line in Constanta, Romania. O'Neil Color & Compounding Corp. has installed a new extrusion line with 12 million...
- Rising Prices Drive Up PE Margins. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;3/21/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 10, p45
The article reports on polyethylene (PE) margins which have started to reverse the negative trend observed since last October 2006. Market players say that PE producers had sought a 6-cents/pound (cts/lb) increase for February 1, and have reportedly implemented half of the increase in February....
- Europe PE prices soar for May spotPolyethylene prices soar as supply tightens. Naylor, Linda // ICIS Chemical Business;5/18/2015, Issue 3538, p1
The article discusses increase in the polyethylene (PE) prices in Europe in May 2015. Topics discussed inlcude impact of private agreements on the price level at accounts, use of PE in packaging, household goods and agriculture, and purchase of PE by buyers on an ethylene basis. Also mentioned...
- CENTRAL & SOUTH EAST EUROPE: Petrochemicals. // CIREC Monthly News;Nov2011, Issue 252, p2
The article offers news briefs related to the petroleum chemicals industry in Central and South East Europe from 2011-2012. The refinery division of PKN Orlen SA has reported a net loss of zl 258 million in the third quarter of 2011. Unipetrol AS has noted an overall Kc 128 million loss. The...
- 5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;7/10/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 27, p8
The article offers news briefs on projects in the chemical industry. Invista Inc. will build an 11,000 tonne/year nylon 6,6 yarn facility in Shanghai, China. Mitsui Chemicals Co. is in talks with potential Chinese partners regarding its purified terephthalic acid project in China. Bahrain is...
- Weak demand behind decline in contracts. BRICE, ANDY // ICIS Chemical Business;11/7/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 15, p12
The article reports that the weak demand of ethylene from the polyethylene (PE) sector decreases the ethylene contracts in Europe.
- Belarussian petrochemicals. // CIREC Monthly News;Jan2013, Issue 265, p19
The article reports that ethylene production in Novopolotsk, Belarus has increased 65% while polyethylene production remains the same in the period of January to November 2012 compared to 2011.
- Product focus. // Chemical Week;7/31/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 30, p36
Presents updates on the market for linear-low and high-density polyethylene. Prices of the product in Asia and in Europe; Outlook for the product; Information on the producers of the product.