Shaw misjudges costs
- The Shaw touch. Hindley, Angus // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/16/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 24, p12
The article provides information on the Shaw Group. The company has become one of the leading contractors in the petrochemicals sector in the Middle East. The factors behind the emergence of the company as a competitive engineering, procurement and construction bidder are presented including the...
- Shaw Licenses FCC Propylene Technology. BEWLEY, LINDSEY // Chemical Week;10/11/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 24, p37
The article reports on two refining technologies from Sinopec, licensed by the Shaw Group, which are designed to help refiners meet environmental regulations for cleaner gasoline as well as increase propylene production.
- Consortium lands Thai deal. Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;1/15/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 49, p23
The article reports on the engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning contract between HMC Polymers and the consortium of Shaw Stone & Webster and Taiwan's CTCI Corp. The plant which will be producing propylene will be built in Rayong, Thailand. The groundbreaking is expected in...
- Huntsman to Repair and Restart Texas Cracker. // Chemical Week;8/23/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 28, p30
The article announces the plan of Huntsman to repair and restart its Port Arthur, Texas cracker complex by second-quarter 2007 at cost of about $110 million. Huntsman says it has picked the Shaw Group as general contractor for the project. The company says it will bring forward some maintenance...
- The Estimate Review and Validation Process. Dysert, Larry; Elliott, Bruce G. // Cost Engineering;Jan2002, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on the application of a fit-for-use methodology to the process of performing cost estimate review and validation and covers the points of view of the contractor and the owner. Steps of the estimate review and estimate validation cycle; Methodology for the process of reviewing and...
- NEW CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS. // Chemical Week;11/16/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 27, p18
This section offers news briefs on construction projects in the chemical industry as of November 9, 2009. An agreement was reached by Mitsui Chemicals and Sinopec to construct jointly a world-scale phenol and acetone complex in Shanghai, China. A contract has been awarded to Shaw Group by Petkim...
- Scraping the barrel. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;3/17/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 11, p28
The article presents information on the strategic success of Shaw Stone & Webster, an engineering and construction firm in the U.S. that focused on getting more value out of the refinery stream. The firm became the exclusive licensor outside China of the deep catalytic cracking (DCC) process...
- Tax incentive program threatened. Cornitius, Tim // Chemical Week;4/17/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 15, p11
Reports that an amendment to Louisiana's constitution has been proposed that would limit the amount of tax exemption granted to the state's petrochemical industry.
- Thai tariff extension. // Chemical Week;7/23/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 28, p6
Reports on the plan of Thailand government to maintain tariff levels on petrochemical imports until the end of 1997. Percentage tariff on polyethylene, acrylonitile butadiene styrene and polyvinyl chloride.