China to push biodiesel
- Sound bites... where PE readers offer their views on issues of the day. // Professional Engineering;4/29/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p15
The article provides answers to a question regarding the plan of the government to give subsidies to motorists who buy electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles from 2011 in Great Britain.
- Some diabetics can now drive interstate. Bontz, Rita // Overdrive;Sep93, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the Federal Highway Administration's issuance of temporary waivers to insulin-using diabetics for interstate driving. Requirement of three years experience and good driving record; Non-eligibility of individuals with severe hypoglycemia; Result of program to determine amendment of...
- DOT proposes new hours of service regulations. // Concrete Products;Jun2002, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p26
Reports on the United States Department of Transportation's proposal to change the hours of operation for drivers. Provisions of the proposed regulation; Hours of service categories; Minimum off-duty time for different driver categories.
- SEEING THE LIGHT. // World (0888157X);9/6/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p23
The article reports on the punishment imposed to bad drivers where police officials stated that drivers abusing the use of high beam headlights will be stopped, ticketed for about $50, and forced to stare into the headlights of police cruises for five minutes in Shenzhen, China in 2014.
- Law bans cell phone use for young drivers. Krause, Maegan // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);10/29/2012, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the new law in Wisconsin that bans young drivers to use cell phones while driving.
- A Billion Gallons of Biodiesel: Who Benefits? Carriquiry, Miguel; Babcock, Bruce A. // Iowa Ag Review;Winter2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the U. S. biodiesel industry and the effects of the mandates under the Energy Independence and Security Act (EISA). Under the EISA, biodiesel production is expected to grow from five hundred million gallons in 2009 to one billion gallons in 2012. The mandates will increase...
- Biodiesel makes a splash in the Big Apple. GUINEY, DREW // Nebraska Farmer;Feb2014, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p62
The article focuses on the efforts of representatives from Nebraska Soybean Board, the U.S. Soybean Board, and the American Soybean Association to use biodiesel and Bioheat, mixture of heating oil and biodiesel, to clean up the energy portfolio of New York City.
- Federal court rules against vision waivers. Bontz, Rita // Overdrive;Oct94, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p31
Reports on the ruling by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) against the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). FMCSR's standards regarding vision of commercial vehicle drivers; FHWA's experiment permitting vision impaired drivers to request for a three-year waiver from the...
- Washington Q&A. Bontz, Rita // Overdrive;Aug96, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p8
Offers information on Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations on the ability of a commercial driver to make his duty status record current.