EUROPE LAGS BEHIND COMPETITORS IN R&D
- EU explores foundation support for research and innovation. Pharoah, Cathy // Alliance;Jun2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, pp8
The article offers information on the commissioning of European Research Network on Philanthropy (ERNoP) by the European Commission to examine the contribution of European foundations to research and innovation.
- New R&D Guidelines. // Management Services;May93, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p30
Reports on the decision of the European Commission to take a more selective approach to maximize the effects of its research and development spending through its Framework Programme. Coordination with national research; Aim of focusing on generic technologies.
- EU proposes â‚¬80b research fund. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Dec2011/Jan2012, Issue 846, p7
The article reports on the 80 billion euro Horizon 2020 funding package that was introduced by the European Commission that aims to improve and streamline research and innovation activities in Europe.
- Why photonics research is vital. Kaierle, Stefan // Electro Optics;Oct/Nov2009, Issue 202, p42
The article emphasizes the significance of continued research and development (R&D) to the photonics industry in Europe. It explains the role of photonics technologies in minimizing the effects of global warming. Information is given on the FP7 funding programme launched by the European...
- EC Targets Barriers to Single Market for Research and Innovation. Mumford, Richard // Microwave Journal;Sep2012, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p45
The article discusses steps taken by the European Commission (EC) for State Members to implement the European Research Area (ERA), a Single Market for research and innovation, a reality by 2014.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Asian Aviation Magazine;Feb2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p17
The article informs that the company Amadeus has maintained its top ranking position among the leading companies for research and development in Europe in accordance to the report from European Commission.
- Brussels shifts research focus. // Chemical Week;8/13/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 31, p8
Focuses on the plan of the European Commission to spend its budget proposed for research and development (R&D) for 1999-2002 on industrial projects rather than pure science initiatives. Percentage of all R&D budget spending in Europe.
- Asian Strength, European Unity. Upton, Julian // European Pharmaceutical Executive;Jun2007, p6
The article focuses on the public and private research and development (R&D) partnerships proposal of the European Commission (EC). The two joint Technology Initiatives (JTI) is designed to embed computing systems and drug development. Meanwhile, drug development is also known as the Innovative...
- Please Come Back. Houlton, Sarah // Pharmaceutical Executive;Oct2006, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p44
The article focuses on the concerns of the European-based pharmaceutical industry with the growing drift of research and development away from its home countries. It is noted that the position of Europe in the world's leading manufacturing location for medicines in under threat. In an attempt to...